Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #1

"Time out of service"

Does anyone have any experience with long service calls, months long and "time out of service" compensation from the rv dealership that sold the unit. RV is new and under warranty. I would be curious about the type of compensation you might ask for or be entitled to.
Thank you,
Molly
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Regrettably they will not be inclined to give you any compensation for that, the warranty page will exclude any inconveniences by the customer including lost time.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #3

What Crabman said.

Jayco will authorize mobile warranty service under certain conditions. Try contacting Jayco customer service and see if they will OK someone to do the work sooner.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Oos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly View Post
Does anyone have any experience with long service calls, months long and "time out of service" compensation from the rv dealership that sold the unit. RV is new and under warranty. I would be curious about the type of compensation you might ask for or be entitled to.
Thank you,
Molly
My TT was down for repairs, the repairing outlet let me pick it up, take it out two weeks and bring it back while waiting on parts. Granted, they are 157 miles from my house, but it's much better than the alternative. My unit was delivered with defects, noted on delivery sheet at CW. They told me I could "Bring it back at your convenience, we'll fix it". Well, it wasn't convenient and more things went wrong, so I took it someplace else. All good now, just consider the seven weeks in the shop as 'time out' from the RV carport.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #5

here is an opportunity when you are ready to sign on the dotted line.. and give them your hard earned money.. put it in the contract they will compensate you x dollars per day it is in their control or extend the warranty the same number of days it is in their control... when they say they can't do that then just say well you just told me this was the best built RV in the industry right? so you stand behind your products right? if not maybe I should find someone who does stand behind their product... If enough people did this and held fast things would change...

I personally would go with a daily rate in the summer of $50/day and in the winter $10/day...I don't HAVE to buy an RV...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
here is an opportunity when you are ready to sign on the dotted line.. and give them your hard earned money.. put it in the contract they will compensate you x dollars per day it is in their control or extend the warranty the same number of days it is in their control... when they say they can't do that then just say well you just told me this was the best built RV in the industry right? so you stand behind your products right? if not maybe I should find someone who does stand behind their product... If enough people did this and held fast things would change...

I personally would go with a daily rate in the summer of $50/day and in the winter $10/day...I don't HAVE to buy an RV...
Good thing you don't have to buy an RV, you'd never find a dealer willing to agree to that.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #7

you don't know till you try... my truck has a warranty and it is in the shop and the car dealer gives me a loaner while they work on mine.. no mileage limitations nothing.. free miles.. maybe the RV world should do that too? With all the people having all the problems it is up to the consumer... to make changes with their wallets...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
jsk

What I would like to know is what is a reasonable time to be out of service? I understand it takes time to get approval for work and parts. My ‘reputable’ dealer has really failed for time of service this year. It has not been a few weeks but a few months.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:26 AM   #9

I've been wondering about the two year warranty in the case of having something big to fix. Say you pick up your trailer in the Spring and something goes catastrophically wrong your first time out and then the dealer has the unit for three months or so. That's an entire season around here, so you'd be dragging the trailer back from the dealer just to park it and winterize it and wouldn't be able to get it back out until the following Spring. Now you only have one year of warranty left. One more big repair could chew through the entire warranty and you don't even know yet if the microwave works. Seems like Jayco should put parentheses around the time it's in service - for big stuff, not little niggling things - and extend the warranty out a bit further.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #10
jsk

This Friday mine will be at dealer for last 4 months. Last Friday dealer said it would be ready this week. Before last Friday I called Jayco and LCI to see what hold up has been. I took it in Nov.8 and first inquiry to Jayco was Dec 8. Jayco told me from Dec 8 to early February there were many dealer inquiries about proceeding. Jayco basically told me they were passing claim around to different people. The last guy to get claim has made things happen. All items approved, shipped, and arrived at dealer by end of Feb.. Bottom line is Jayco has been my holdup and not dealer. My warranty work was not major work in my opinion - replacing 1 slide topper and all brakes and hubs (again). There were other items but not major.