Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #21

I have a tire minder with booster on mine. Had a Hawks Head on previous trailer. Liked them both but do recommend the booster.

Yes, install all metal valve stems if you get the external sensors
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNelson View Post
Erren, I just found this thread as well as your original.

We have a 2018 Eagle HT 28.5rsts on order with 16-inch rims with Goodyear tires and want to put a Dill monitoring system on it. I had a Dill unit on the last trailer and liked the fact that the sensor is inside the tire and has a metal stem. From what I have been reading the washer on the outside of the rim 'may' fit inside the recessed area or 'may not.' It sounds like it is fine if the washer is not in the reset.
Yeah, the opening on the outside of the wheel is recessed. I gave up looking and just bought the non-flow through version.

I had the TPMS system from a previous trailer so I was trying to reuse. No major reason why I went with external over internal, but after all the issues I had finding stems, I'd be concerned that the internals with metal stems might not fit.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.harp View Post
I went with the EZTIRE system, just for the 4 tires on the 5th wheel. My 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 already has a TPMS.

EEZTIRE TPMS SYSTEM (4 FLOW THROUGH SENSOR) | EEZ RV PRODUCTS

This one works pretty well, but the signal was weak. I would consistently lose signal from the TPMS and it beeps when you lose it. So I added their signal repeater, mounted it right under the front of the trailer and wired it to the battery. Works 100% of the time now.

EEZTIRE TPMS SYSTEM REPEATER (BOOSTER) (1 EA) | EEZ RV PRODUCTS

Now with the repeater it's working perfectly. Pressure and temperature from all 4 tires on the trailer.

Sean
2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali Duramax
2017 Jayco Eagle 325BHQS
Hey Sean, where did you mount your booster? I have the same floor plan.

Thanks,
Kirk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 AM   #24

I mounted mine right underneath the storage compartment near the battery. That way it was easy to hook the repeater to the battery terminals directly. I haven't had any signal loss since I added the repeater.
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #25

I have the TM-77 and it has worked well so far. Easy to install and program. It came with everything needed including the booster, Spare "O" rings and spare batteries. Mounted the booster to the A frame of my 27 DSRL and have an excellent signal to the cab of my F250.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #26

Quote:
I mounted mine right underneath the storage compartment near the battery. That way it was easy to hook the repeater to the battery terminals directly. I haven't had any signal loss since I added the repeater.
Thanks! That was my plan.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 06-28-2017, 07:18 AM   #27

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. We went with the EEZTire system on truck and trailer. Used it for the first time last week. Traveled 600 miles and never lost signal even without the repeater.
Had to reset upper PSI alarms to 135 did not realize how much the pressure increased when tires heated up.
Sour Lake "R's" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #28
Site Team

We set ours for 10 psi low and 20 psi high. Has worked for us at those settings for years. High temp set for 157 or somewhere near that per Michelin web site.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Lake "R's" View Post
Thanks for all the input and suggestions. We went with the EEZTire system on truck and trailer. Used it for the first time last week. Traveled 600 miles and never lost signal even without the repeater.
Had to reset upper PSI alarms to 135 did not realize how much the pressure increased when tires heated up.
Wow, what is the default tire pressure on your tires? Default on mine is 80 and I haven't seen the pressure rise above 90 yet. Highest temp I've seen was 105 when it was around 92 outside. I think I have my high temp set to 124.
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Wow, what is the default tire pressure on your tires? Default on mine is 80 and I haven't seen the pressure rise above 90 yet. Highest temp I've seen was 105 when it was around 92 outside. I think I have my high temp set to 124.
Glad you posted that. Gives me some numbers to start with. 👍

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #31

Yea thought the pressures were a little high but the tires are "G" Rated Goodyear calling for 110 PSI cold. On our trip outside temperatures were reaching 98 degrees and the a couple tires got up to 127 PSI.
Sour Lake "R's" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:02 PM   #32

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Hi, I have used the Tire Minder system for a year now. First monitor shipped was A1A monitor. Went through two of them, as the first went to sleep and wakes every 10 minutes. Second had too short battery life between charges. Then they shipped me the TM-77 monitor. I like it the best as it can show psi and temp simultaneously. I tow a 42'7" Jayco North Point 5th wheel and I put 5 transmitters including the spare (bottom mounted behind rear axle). I tow with a dually and use 7 transmitters including the spare. The company sent me an extra Rhino Booster, due to problematic reception with the pickup spare. It is their most powerful for strongest signal for long trailers and all problematic signal loss. I finally mounted the trailer booster below the forward battery compartment, exposed to the road. The company claims this is the best placement due to the signal bouncing right off the road. The other booster was mounted underneath the pickup frame (middle of cab) to solve the problematic reception of the spare tire, which kept losing signal for some reason. I've recently had two transmitters replaced under warranty as the trailer spare kept losing signal with the battery still at 3.1v, and another giving varying psi readings.

I wouldn't tow my house without having this system in place.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #33

I have the Tireminder 55, Works good. You need to replace the batteries every year but Tireminder will send you the batteries for free.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #34

I have had tire traker for several years. I understand it is same as tire minder. I selected it because tire sensors are the smallest and lightest of any out there. They have been great and their customer service is excellent if you have any questions.
esacnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #35
Site Team

I run my trailer tires at 100psi. The alarm is set for 20 psi high. They have come close in hot weather but never gone over.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #36

One thing about the TireMinder TM77, the high temp alarm is preset to 167 deg and cannot be changed. The highest temp I've seen was about 120 on the monitor, but 150 tread temp with my IR gun at a rest area. It'll never be accurate to actual internal air temperature as the sensor is on the valve stem and is turning real fast mixing with outside air. I assume it'll be halfway in the middle of inside vs outside road-air. But apparently, other brands can have a preference preset to where you could set it lower because of this. For it to reach 167, I'd expect to be seeing smoke trailing. Maybe they'll fix this in the future.

Also, you might take note that the frequency of the TireMinder transmitters are 433.92 MHz. This is also the precise frequency of my La Crosse radio controlled Atomic clock remote temperature senor transmitters, and most likely all the other weather brands too. I like seeing the outside air temps when camping. I've two in my 5th wheel camper. One under kitchen slide, other below master bed slide. I've two rhino boosters from TireMinder, one on camper and one underneath tow vehicle. With the LaCrosse remote temp transmitters attached to the slides in transit, I sometimes lose the TireMinder signals from the camper. mainly the bottom mounted spare. So I now detach the La Crosse transmitters and carry them in the driver door panel. Seems to help. I got tired of also removing a battery from each as reconnecting them to both clocks got to be a real drag.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #37

TST TPMS Tire pressure monitor...

Well,

I have to say that my initial experience with the TST TPMS was not very good. I never was able to get it to work on two of the rear tires, and finally just gave it to the dealer when we traded the unit in.

The folks at TST found out that I was having issues, and are sending me a new system at no charge.

Now THAT is customer service!

I'll install the system when we pick up the new Alante.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Well,

I have to say that my initial experience with the TST TPMS was not very good. I never was able to get it to work on two of the rear tires, and finally just gave it to the dealer when we traded the unit in.

The folks at TST found out that I was having issues, and are sending me a new system at no charge.

Now THAT is customer service!

I'll install the system when we pick up the new Alante.
I understand where you're coming from. Glad to hear TST is standing behind their products! My first TireMinder system didn't work to my liking either. The company has since sent me two new receivers and a couple more tire transmitters and an extra signal booster all at no charge. My system is finally doing its job with high marks. Do they offer free replacement batteries as TireMinder?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #39

I bought the TST 507 last year. I have no complaints so far! Bought just before our 3000 mile round-trip. It gave me peace-of-mind while driving.

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #40

I went with the EEZ Tire monitor system discussed earlier in this thread, and had no issues on a recent 1300 mile trip. Wondering why I didn't do it sooner. It gives a lot of piece of mind while traveling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22