Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #1

Tire wear question

I have recently noticed inner edge wear only on rt. rear tire on my 339flqs. It has endurances on it and they have approximately 10k on them. I can only assume it may have a bent spindle or axle ?
Anyone have differing opinions and/or recommendations for a qualified shop?
Pickledill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledill View Post
I have recently noticed inner edge wear only on rt. rear tire on my 339flqs. It has endurances on it and they have approximately 10k on them. I can only assume it may have a bent spindle or axle ?
Anyone have differing opinions and/or recommendations for a qualified shop?

Axel alignment, Broken or missing bushings, bolts, bent or broken leaf springs, bent Axel tube. tires worn or out of life 5+ years, broken cords air pressure underinflated. wheel bearings. trailer not level towing (Nose High), Just a few things to check out before you spend money in a repair shop. as it might be something simple.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleback View Post
Axel alignment, Broken or missing bushings, bolts, bent or broken leaf springs, bent Axel tube. tires worn or out of life 5+ years, broken cords air pressure underinflated. wheel bearings. trailer not level towing (Nose High), Just a few things to check out before you spend money in a repair shop. as it might be something simple.
X2, how much tire scrub are you experiencing when you back your TT back into the driveway? When I changed homes, my turn backing into the driveway is tighter, and I have lots of tire scrub. I leave long streaks/marks in the street. I installed new tires, and now rotate them.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #4

Iam aware of rhe usual "suspects". It is only one tire, that is always properly inflated, no suspension wear, 2 yr. age on all tires. The inner edge wear is not feathered it appears to be camber related wear. Being it is only on one side of axle I am assuming spindle or axle bent. If axle was misaligned due to center pin issue with leaf I assume there would be feathering and/or issues with opposing tire on same axle. Bearings are tight . I dont assume to have all the answers but have inspected for the obvious and not so obvious.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:46 AM   #5

Well then it looks like a repair shop is in your future. Hope it come out well and not too much money.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:36 AM   #6

Very possibly.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #7

did a quick google...here you go: https://www.google.com/search?client...epair+shops+rv

An alignment may be all you need.....
mboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #8

Thanks Mazboy, it would seem that is the first step and hopefully the last!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledill View Post
Thanks Mazboy, it would seem that is the first step and hopefully the last!
Did you figure out the cause of your tire wear? I have the same issue with wear on the inside of the right rear tire with only 2200 miles on them.
rohuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:02 AM   #10

I had inner wear on one tire found the bearings on that axle were loose from the factory. Seemed to be a burr on the threads when I went to tighten the nut down it was tight at first then popped loose. Got probably a turn and a half or more until it made contact.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
I had inner wear on one tire found the bearings on that axle were loose from the factory. Seemed to be a burr on the threads when I went to tighten the nut down it was tight at first then popped loose. Got probably a turn and a half or more until it made contact.
Thanks. I will inspect and repack the bearings. I hope this is the problem. I noticed it Aug 3 when returning home from a weekend trip, called the dealer Aug 4 and learned my warranty ended July 27.
rohuber is offline   Reply With Quote