Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #1

To sell out or not

So just food for thought. I posted a while back about a crappy customer service experience (after the sale) with RVOne in Des Moines, Iowa. After a few back & forth messages through the BBB complaint system the dealership manager finally calls me today and says (basically) "I'll ask the owners to give you "x" amount of money as a gesture of us trying to make it right, but they'll want you to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement that this whole thing is over and you won't talk about it." The dollar amount is low. In my mind, even if it were a larger dollar amount it doesn't mean the bad experience never happened. Pondering taking the money and feeling like a sellout is the way, or if posting the facts of my experience to every public forum (as stated in my last BBB message to them) is the way to go...I'd like for even 1 person to see it and not go through the hassle. The fact that I'm even pondering which decision to make feels corrupt, maybe just curious if anyone's had this experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:16 AM   #2

What is the dollar amount for them to buy your self respect? Look at it that way.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleback View Post
What is the dollar amount for them to buy your self respect? Look at it that way.
None high enough. I appreciate that.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #4

JD, never seen a military man that would allow the guide-on to hit the ground. I don't believe you are that guy. Fight the fight. We got your six. I appreciate/support what you are doing. CSM Skidawg
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
JD, never seen a military man that would allow the guide-on to hit the ground. I don't believe you are that guy. Fight the fight. We got your six. I appreciate/support what you are doing. CSM Skidawg
Solid copy and much appreciated CSM. Will continue to press. GySgt Mac, out.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #6

The question is, is this the hill you want to die on? Or, is it better to just get on with life and enjoy your RV.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #7

Since you’ve already posted about your negative experience here, isn’t it too late for you to not talk about it as part of the agreement on taking some cash?

It stinks you had a bad experience. I understand wanting to vent. Just don’t let it consume you or take up much of your time.

My very first experience dealing with a local RV dealer was horrible. I backed out of the deal and waited months for my large deposit back. I mentioned it here and felt better and moved on.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #8

if you sell out then the next guy will get the same treatment.. they don't like the bad press they shouldn't do the bad work... IMO.. to many sellouts in the world... $500 isn't worth my time... or whatever they offered you maybe worth yours.. but it doesn't sound like it...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:10 PM   #9

To be real honest, no one is going to not buy from them because you made a post. There are posts all over the internet about RV one...and they are still in business. Beat your head against a wall if you want, but it's not going to do one thing to change anything. Take there money, that's the only place you can hurt them. But if you want to continue to beat a dead horse, go for it..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #10

Rv one in buffalo sucks. Run the other way quickly!!!
ftwkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
To be real honest, no one is going to not buy from them because you made a post. There are posts all over the internet about RV one...and they are still in business. Beat your head against a wall if you want, but it's not going to do one thing to change anything. Take there money, that's the only place you can hurt them. But if you want to continue to beat a dead horse, go for it..

I kind of agree with this. Unfortunately you had a trailer with issues and didn’t get good service. But the other 100 or whatever number of people who bought a camper that month, that didn’t need service, and therefore they post good things... so your complaint kind of gets watered down. Again I’d be upset and vent too for sure.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #12

DON'T SELL OUT ! There is no amount of money that's worth compromising your values for.
Its unfortunate but many manufacturers and dealerships have ZERO values or ethics.
They live for one reason, see how many people they can ****w and how much money they can steal from unsuspecting people.
The BBB in 99% of these cases is worthless!
The method I used was to document every conversation is writing or recording.
Build your case and then hire an attorney. You'd be amazed at the amount of response you get once an attorney gets involved.
GOOD LUCK.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #13

I agree with the statement that bad reviews or comments will not put them out of business. I would consider any compensation that mitigates the problem. You should negotiate a better settlement. Since they already made an offer that means they are ready to talk. Tell them you want more and no non disclosure agreement. If they want an agreement increase the amount. There is nothing wrong with negotiations, it is just business.
Redslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:55 PM   #14

Take the money and run because that's the only satisfaction you're going to get. Any negative responses you post about them is going to have little to no affect on their business.
WestTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote