Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2021, 01:43 PM   #21

You can test the vent by emptying the toilet then fill with coke and add a large bag of Mentos, you will know in a few seconds. (just kidding)
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #22

Good luck

Mine did that because there was a clog between the toilet and top of tank, it was disgusting, I had to cut that line 2' above tank and dig it out!!::(( Jayco did a terrible job of plumbing to top of tank!! Very upsetting, no more #2 in front toilet.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #23

When mine starts "burping" I know that the tank is close to being full. I just press the pedal-valve slowly when flushing and there's no burp.

It's disgusting when the toilet burps and it splashes on your leg... and you don't know if that liquid is clear or brown.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
When mine starts "burping" I know that the tank is close to being full. I just press the pedal-valve slowly when flushing and there's no burp.

It's disgusting when the toilet burps and it splashes on your leg... and you don't know if that liquid is clear or brown.
X2

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:35 AM   #25

Learned VERY early NOT to do that. I had the fan running once and put my face directly above the "poop chute" to look in the tank. Got a waft of nastiness I don't desire to repeat right in the face.

So now, I make sure the fan is OFF and stand clear when activating that valve!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #26

U never said what model u have. I have seen numerous people complain about this on my model FBTS. Mine does the exact same in upper toilet from about 1/4 to 1/2 full tank than stops doing it. My vent is not clogged and I am clueless as to why it acts this way. Common sense says it should get worse as it fills but does just the opposite and stops.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:15 AM   #27

Still have problem

Tank is empty, the vent cap has been replaced. I have taken care of the poop pyramid and still no luck. No valve found from the sink.

I am tempted to run a water hose down the vent pipe to see if it is pluggeed. Anything bad that can happen if I do this.

Thanks,

PHi
PaulHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #28

A whole bunch bad could happen. I would shut off the water hold toilet flush valve fully open and blow low air pressure down vent line. I would think u would have air flow comming up thru toilet. If tank is completely empty u could instead open dump valve and see if air is blowing out the dump. Keep a container under dump just incase. Do not build up pressure just get air flow going.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #29

It should work it's a direct pipe to the black tank
Old 02-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #30

I recall one owner on here whose black tank vent wasn't installed correctly. It looked like it was installed from the top after roof and walls were up. Factory cut a hole in the roof, and pushed the cutout down with the pipe and didn't make a connection to the tank.

So, no, I would NOT run water down the vent stack.

You said the vent cap was replaced; did you happen to look down into the stack? You should be able to see down into the tank from there? If you can't shine a light down and see into the tank, maybe have someone open the toilet valve and shine a light in from there. You should be able to see the light in the tank from the top of the vent stack. Assuming the vent stack goes straight up, I would imagine some do not...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 02-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I recall one owner on here whose black tank vent wasn't installed correctly. It looked like it was installed from the top after roof and walls were up. Factory cut a hole in the roof, and pushed the cutout down with the pipe and didn't make a connection to the tank.

So, no, I would NOT run water down the vent stack.

You said the vent cap was replaced; did you happen to look down into the stack? You should be able to see down into the tank from there? If you can't shine a light down and see into the tank, maybe have someone open the toilet valve and shine a light in from there. You should be able to see the light in the tank from the top of the vent stack. Assuming the vent stack goes straight up, I would imagine some do not...
He could use an Endoscopic inspection camera, mine has a 17 foot cable. It will allow him to find any obstructions. These inspection cameras are inexpensive now. I use mine for so many things. Every year I inspect the heat exchanger on the furnace for cracks. When working on a car everything under the dash is right there. Looking inside walls for running wires. I even used it to find all the wires in my old Jayco and where I could run new ones. This tool is invaluable, it records video and photos.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
He could use an Endoscopic inspection camera, mine has a 17 foot cable. It will allow him to find any obstructions. These inspection cameras are inexpensive now. I use mine for so many things. Every year I inspect the heat exchanger on the furnace for cracks. When working on a car everything under the dash is right there. Looking inside walls for running wires. I even used it to find all the wires in my old Jayco and where I could run new ones. This tool is invaluable, it records video and photos.
Yup, I was going to suggest an endoscope, but not a whole lot of people have them. And if you don't have one, you could just use light to find out if there is a major obstruction.

Of course, this might be the perfect excuse to get one!! At least that's what I'd tell my wife!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 02-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Yup, I was going to suggest an endoscope, but not a whole lot of people have them. And if you don't have one, you could just use light to find out if there is a major obstruction.

Of course, this might be the perfect excuse to get one!! At least that's what I'd tell my wife!!
Tell her it's for the puppy and she won't have a problem. lol
Old 02-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Tell her it's for the puppy and she won't have a problem. lol
You'll save money on your next colonoscopy, too!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
You'll save money on your next colonoscopy, too!
That's what I told the wife and we would start with her
Old 02-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #36

Well, I would say something like "this conversation went in the crapper quick", but it started out there, so where else can you go?!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 02-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #37

black tank is full or just about full. like another said, bathroom sink goes to black tank. it will fill fast with that set up.
anf76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #38

Still have problem

I did run water down the vent pipe and it went nicely to the black tank. No back up or overflow. No indication of any clogs from the recent cleans and normal flushes go down nicely except the bubble is still there. The scope may be my next effort to see what is going on down there. It does help to flush slowly, but, the concern is the big poop may not go down as easily. But, I guess it is better than wearing it. I am wondering if it is possible that they didn't combine the vent to both toilets.

Thanks to all for your comments and ideas.
PaulHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:15 PM   #39

What unit do u have and it sounds like two baths?
Old 02-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHi View Post
I did run water down the vent pipe and it went nicely to the black tank. No back up or overflow. No indication of any clogs from the recent cleans and normal flushes go down nicely except the bubble is still there. The scope may be my next effort to see what is going on down there. It does help to flush slowly, but, the concern is the big poop may not go down as easily. But, I guess it is better than wearing it. I am wondering if it is possible that they didn't combine the vent to both toilets.

Thanks to all for your comments and ideas.
I just had an idea and I could be wrong. Do both toilets burp? If only one does maybe the toilet that is connected directly into the black tank works fine but the other toilet has a drain pipe that connects to the black tank isn't at the top of the tank so when the tank is getting full it covers the pipe coming from the other toilet and it creates pressure because it is no longer vented because the pipe at the tank is covered by liquid. just a guess