Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 PM   #1

Toilet leaking

Hello all,
Has anyone had there toilet leek water on the floor from under the toilet base. I haven't pulled it yet to see what is leeking but that is my next option. When I get back home from camping, I'm going to hook my 5ther up to water and see if I can figure out what is leeking.
Thanks,
Chris
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #2

We thought our old toilet was leaking around its base but put tissue around it overnight and found that water was seeping from the water line around back.
I did end up pulling the toilet and installed an upgraded model. We had experienced issues prior with the main flush ball not swiveling completely closed, requiring you to lift the foot pedal with your toe each time.
It wasn't a hard job replacing it, but did need to do some light replumbing to get the new one hooked up. While doing this I installed a quarter turn shutoff in the line so that if we ever developed any leaks on the road we could just shut off water to it and still have water to rest of RV.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:05 AM   #3

I was able to find where it was leaking at between the toilet tower and the bowl. So I'll pull it and see why it's leaking there. I have already installed a valve isolating the water supply to the toilet. This was huge with my grandkids. Now my black tank doesn't fill up so fast. Thanks for your comments.
Chris
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote