Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: STL
Posts: 114
Toilet Model?

Does anyone know the OEM model toilet that would be in a 2018 NP 377RLBH? I believe it's a Thetford just not sure the model.

Yes I could look at my rig but it's currently in storage 35 minutes away and I'm trying to order parts online. The toilet seal is leaking in the bowl, causing water to slowly drain from the bowl. Appreciate the help.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
sturgissteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: SW Lower Michigan
Posts: 792
Shoot, can't help ya. You're right about it being a Thetford, though.

Linky Maybe match it up here, if you remember the look of it. Might get you a little closer to what you're looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200916-211351.jpg  
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Magnolia Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 4,703
Do yourself a favor and just replace the Thetford with a Dometic 310

I think the model was a Thetford aqua magic (or something like that)
__________________
2016 North Point 377 RLBH, with a few mods, disc brakes, shocks, Sailun g rated tires, wet bolts
2014 Ford F350 Platinum sold
2017 Ford F350 Lariat, CC, 6.7PSD, DRW, Trailer Saver BD3 hitch

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
Does anyone know the OEM model toilet that would be in a 2018 NP 377RLBH? I believe it's a Thetford just not sure the model.

Yes I could look at my rig but it's currently in storage 35 minutes away and I'm trying to order parts online. The toilet seal is leaking in the bowl, causing water to slowly drain from the bowl. Appreciate the help.
Thetford Aqua magic Style ll. The seal is a pretty easy fix especially if you have access to the back of the toilet.
__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2017 Ford F-250 FX4 Crew STX 6.2l
3.73 E-locker
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wake Forest
Posts: 112
FWIW, you can often fix the leaky seal with a good cleaning, and then applying some petroleum jelly on the seal. It's worked for us in our 2018 NP. Just a thought.

Dave
__________________

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: STL
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Do yourself a favor and just replace the Thetford with a Dometic 310

I think the model was a Thetford aqua magic (or something like that)
ok, thoughts on why you like the Dometic over Thetford?
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: STL
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkegel View Post
FWIW, you can often fix the leaky seal with a good cleaning, and then applying some petroleum jelly on the seal. It's worked for us in our 2018 NP. Just a thought.

Dave
Thanks. Any recommendations on a cleaning solution that you like? I think we use the standard scrubby bubbles...
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wake Forest
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
Thanks. Any recommendations on a cleaning solution that you like? I think we use the standard scrubby bubbles...
Nothing special. Whatever you have I'm sure is fine.

Dave
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Magnolia Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 4,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
ok, thoughts on why you like the Dometic over Thetford?

Wooden seat just like a home model, and the seat and lid are soft close. Also the water fill comes from the rim, 360 degrees, instead of from a single location at the rear.

The dometic 320 is the elongated bowl version but it requires more space between the wall and drain hole. Unfortunately my 377 couldn’t accommodate it so I went with the round bowl.
__________________
2016 North Point 377 RLBH, with a few mods, disc brakes, shocks, Sailun g rated tires, wet bolts
2014 Ford F350 Platinum sold
2017 Ford F350 Lariat, CC, 6.7PSD, DRW, Trailer Saver BD3 hitch

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: STL
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Wooden seat just like a home model, and the seat and lid are soft close. Also the water fill comes from the rim, 360 degrees, instead of from a single location at the rear.

The dometic 320 is the elongated bowl version but it requires more space between the wall and drain hole. Unfortunately my 377 couldn’t accommodate it so I went with the round bowl.
Yeah, we also have a 377 so it wouldn't work for ours either...
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.