Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #1

Toilet will not hold water

The Toilet in our Pinnacle will not hold water.

Any suggestions as what to do to correct this?
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #2

Most times it means there is paper in the seal. Take a metal hanger, wrap the end with cloth to protect the toilet and the slide groove, run the end of the hanger around in the groove of the slide and try to find the blockage. If your toilet is a flapper type seal it may be that the paper is under the edge of the seal and above the flapper when it comes back up.

After cleaning you can use vaseline to grease the seal.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #3

My Designer came with a Thetord Aqua Magic® Style II and I had a problem with it not holding water also. It was the gasket at the bottom of the bowl. It had moved slightly off of center and was leaking. That was fixed under warranty. A few months later the fresh water valve started leaking on the floor also fixed under warranty. Last week the foot flush fell off. It appeared to have just worn out from use, but Thetford refused to cover it because it was over their 1 year warranty. Jayco stepped up to the plate and agreed to replace the entire unit because of problems with it to date. I asked if I could pay the difference and upgrade to a different unit which was agreed to.

I will be getting a Thetford Aqua Magic® Style Plus this coming weekend.

I don't feel the Style II is durable enough for full time use and my dealer says the new one is a much better unit internally. Time will tell.

Which unit do you have? Hopefully the above will help if you have the Style II.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #4

Ed, it is a Style II

Guess we will see how it goes, we are heading back to Jayco dealer in Dothan AL in Feb for a couple of other minor items.
Will get them to look at it.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #5

Rob...Other minor items would be?

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Rob...Other minor items would be?
Larry some of these items are cosmetic and are not affecting function at all, I just am pretty detailed and look for the little stuff..

When our unit was delivered the bathroom sink has a manufacturing flaw in the bowl, does not leak and works fine just do not want something to happen to sink in the future due to the issue. Dealer ordered new one and is replacing it.

The closet door in the bedroom has a wood stile framing on mirrored door, the left side door trim is not staying stuck to the mirror and is "Pooched Up" in one area enough you can get your finger behind it. Again works fine just getting it corrected so no problems in the future.

Also slide with Entertainment Center and Kitchen in it does not close on the back as quite as tight as the front, will get dealer to adjust slide.

Cleaned toilet seal yesterday and it is now holding water, will put some type of lube on the seal this weekend.

Again just minor issues, as we approach our 3 month mark of fulltiming, will get them taken care of next month before heading to Texas.
Overall everything is working great, no issues with systems, our Pinnacle is performing beyond expectations, we are still very happy with our purchase.

Robert
Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #7

The reason the foot flush fell off on my Style II was that the pedal assembly pivots on plastic on plastic. Over time the plastic shaft that inserts into an oval hole in the toilet base started to wear (This hole appears that it should be round, but Thetford said oval was ok???). There is a spring around this oval hole that puts the tension on the foot flush. The plastic just wore down the foot flush shaft to the point that he wouldn't stay in position relative to the spring. That is why I said it doesn't appear to be durable enough for full time use.
On a positive side, you can still flush with the foot flush being off. You just have to open the valves manually by bending down and opening them. I'm ready for the new unit this weekend. I'm tired of bending down, haha.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #8

I am not happy with my toilet as I find it too small and would like to replace it with a porcelain one, I am going to a RV place this morning that is just having it's official opening and may have a look at what they have. I have not even looked at anything before and have no idea on pricing and am too lazy to Google.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #9

Both of the models we have been discussing are porcelain bowl and both have short and tall models. The tall ones are 17.5" tall +/-, much easier on the knees.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #10

I know this is an older thread, but both the DW and I are not happy with the toilet in our White Hawk TT. We would like to get a taller unit. Now I could use some feed back.
we are not looking at the top of the line but we would like a step up. Porcelain or Plastic which is better or prefered? Is the bowl deeper in the taller units? Last but not least,
Is one manufacturer better then the rest? Thanks in advance.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #11

The dimensions of all of Thetford's units can be found at http://www.thetford.com/Thetford/HOM...6/Default.aspx.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #12

I had both of my knees replaced in April 2010. I have the taller toilet in my camper and installed a Thetford toilet riser to make it even higher. The higher toilet is worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20121020_224231.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	5987

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #13

Thanks for the info. We'll be making the change soon.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #14

I just wanted to add that you can buy a add on section that would make your toilet higher. I have seen the porcelain toilets on sale occasionally and they are not that much more expensive than a new aqua magic plastic one. Considering on how much they are used, life is too short to put up with a crappy toilet.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote