Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Top slide seal

I have a 29.5 bhds eagle ht. I noticed the top seal on the side is not touching the roof the entire way across and were it does it just touches. Has any one had this issue and what caused it? Is the slide too low? Going out too far? I did have a problem where when the slide was extended the trim would pop off. The dealer added extra nails. You can still see it flex when it reaches full out.
Attached Thumbnails
20200504_195102.jpg   20200504_195146.jpg   20200504_195226.jpg  
Shokyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:42 PM   #2

I had this exact same problem on my Mesa Ridge 5th wheel. We didn’t notice until a severe thunderstorm 3 months after we’d been using the unit. Water blew in under the seal during heavy sideways wind and rain. Needless to say I wasn’t happy with the waterfall in my living room. The issue according to the forums was the hole for the main slide wall was cut too tall on a run of campers. The main slide on the Mesa Ridge is a drop slide that makes the floor flush when all the way open. Word had it that they screwed up and cut the hole too big not accounting for the drop when open thus making the seal not touch. Other rumors had it that it took a 5” seal and some units went out with 4” seal on accident. Whatever the cause, it took me two years of fighting with the dealer and the manufacturer.
Dealer said it was the manufacturers fault and the manufacturer said the dealer must have installed an aftermarket seal which you could tell was BS, it was a brand new unit with all new seals. Back and forth with no recourse the dealer finally just installed a 5” seal which they said was the biggest they could get and the seal is still just barely touching the slide roof. I’m still not happy about it and I dream of the day I can drive it up to Elkhart and say “does this look right?!”
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #3

My unit is still under warranty. I may try to have them look at it. I was hoping I could just do an adjustment. It was there for 6 months last time.

Tags
slide seal