Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #21

One thing I have to mention is that they (Geico) will no longer be able to insure the RV after the salvaged title. Very understandable seeing as how they have done everything in their power to try and convince me to just take a brand new one instead. I called Allstate last night and they will give me comprehensive coverage on the RV at a value of $66,222 which is the NADA Geico gave it, even with the salvage title. However it's pretty expensive, quoted $199/month for the RV and my 96' tacoma since they said I had to have at least one vehicle on the policy.

Does anybody else have salvage RV insurance? Who with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Wow that's awesome! I think I need to switch to Geico

I dropped USAA insurance and went with GEICO. Saved $450/year and they've been outstanding thus far with the hail damage to the TV and my "bonehead" moment hitting pole at storage with the 5er!

Old 09-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #23

Well I hope I never have to use it but it sounds like you got more than what you paid for . That's a rarity nowadays with insurance and glad your happy.

Thanks for the follow up.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #24

Sean,

One question I have regarding buying back your current rig, was there any wiring and termination points that were under water (besides the brakes)? If so, there may be some gremlins that pop up after a while. The brakes and hub assemblies can be changed to prevent any issues there.

Also, you mentioned the floor was a marine grade, but what about the walls and possibly insulation in the walls?

Just trying to think of any other questions you may not have consider. If you are able to clean up your current rig and never have any issues, that's awesome!!!

Good luck on everything and hope it all works out!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #25

We too switched from USAA to Geico for our Jayco. USAA has never given us a problem service-wise, but Geico was more than half the cost, and we've never made an at-fault claim.

Glad to hear the service from Geico is above and beyond. We were a bit worried about the switch ourselves.

Did you ask if they will give you liability only on the Salvage title trailer? I can understand them not wanting to cover damages to the trailer a second time, but liability is a bit different.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #26

Total Loss in Hurricane Harvey with Geico

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
One question I have regarding buying back your current rig, was there any wiring and termination points that were under water (besides the brakes)? If so, there may be some gremlins that pop up after a while. The brakes and hub assemblies can be changed to prevent any issues there.

Also, you mentioned the floor was a marine grade, but what about the walls and possibly insulation in the walls?

Water stopped 1" below the terminations in the pass through storage, battery was flooded but that's an easy fix. Water didn't get high enough to hit a wall panel or any insulation, only metal skirting.

Moisture between the corrugated plastic and the floors caused some concern, I've opened it up and had a fan circulating air for over a week now. I plan on getting a few mold tests to be safe, you can buy them at Home Depot and send them off. When I take it to the dealer and they strip the bottom I'll have them check any wire connections I can't see but for the most part all the wires I see below the water line were just midpoints between the terminations.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erren View Post

Did you ask if they will give you liability only on the Salvage title trailer? I can understand them not wanting to cover damages to the trailer a second time, but liability is a bit different.

No liability either unfortunately, trust me if there was any way to stay with them I would. I've got 10 months of coverage left on this policy that they will honor, hopefully by then their policies will allow liability and personal property! I wished I had gotten more personal property insurance, the policy only had $1,000 which didn't cover much considering my golf cart was completely submerged, but as far as the actual RV coverage, phenomenal.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #28

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
while you have the chloroplast down check and clean the neutrals/grounds on the chassis and use some die-electric grease. Any RV mfg. does a poor job by using a zip screw and corrugated washer and will rust in due time. As for the wiring only if the connections have been in the water; front junction box, brakes etc. Open or replace the connectors and use some copper grease or die-electric. For cleaning connectors you can use some contact spray. Keep us posted...........
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote