Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #61

I installed the Lippert correct track on my 28.5 rsts period. I posted the information on another thread but I don't recall what the thread was entitled. In the morning I'll see if I can find a link for you. Bottom line is I put the shackles in the lower holes, installed the correct rack and then put 3 crossmembers to strengthen the setup.
DNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNelson View Post
I installed the Lippert correct track on my 28.5 rsts period. I posted the information on another thread but I don't recall what the thread was entitled. In the morning I'll see if I can find a link for you. Bottom line is I put the shackles in the lower holes, installed the correct rack and then put 3 crossmembers to strengthen the setup.
Got ya right here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post584283

Nice set up. In January when you pulled them to check the brass bushings how did they look? It seems bushings are not that good long term and I am reading now about the wet bolt set ups. It may be good to have that on hand when I get around to jacking it up for this install.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #63

I have the same model and year 2016. I started off with a 2012 Chevy Crewcab 1500, with the 5.3L After two long trips we decided that we need to upgrade to a 3/4 ton. We're not diesel people so my wife and I decided to buy a Dodge with the 6.4L Hemi. We went to Las Vegas the first weekend of March. I was really pleased with our new Ram on how it did through the mountains. Everybody has there own opinion on what's the best tow vehicle. So what I suggest is read everyone's remarks, then think on what kind of driving you'll be doing. Then make your decision on what kind of driving your going to do. Lots of remarks are about weights. Good luck in your search for your pickup.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #64

Hi Jim. I must admit I got lazy when in Texas and didn't check the bushings. I figured it would be a lot easier in my driveway. We are home now and will check them in the next few days and post results. If they are worn too much I am going to give the Never Fail bushings a try. If they don't hold up I will go with the wet bolt kit.

I attached a photo showing how the 2x3 steel cross member is welded to the piece of channel and the Correct Track.
Attached Thumbnails
2x3 cross member to Correct Track.jpg  
DNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #65

Gotcha Thanks. It took me a while to figure out you just used a section welded sideways so you can get to the bolts. That through me for a bit because it looked like a solid piece in your first pic. I have a Lincoln 100 welder. Not sure if its big enough to do that type of welding but I may need to give it a try. Looks like a rock solid platform you have there.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #66

Tow with a 2500HD 6.0 gasser with the standard 3.73 rear end. We haven’t ventured outside the Midwest yet (plan to cross the Rockies Spring 2019), but on the flatlands she pulls great.