Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #61

I think you'll be fine. I do think you'll probably want to get some air bags to help level out the truck. Here's my quick breakdown of your set up:
20% Gvwr of trailer (15,500) is 3100
2 adults, 2 kids, bikes, dog approx 550 lbs
Hitch 150 lbs
Total cargo 3800

You would be about 300lbs under your stickers "limit"

I personally would have no hesitation in towing with that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #62

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I think you'll be fine. I do think you'll probably want to get some air bags to help level out the truck. Here's my quick breakdown of your set up:
20% Gvwr of trailer (15,500) is 3100
2 adults, 2 kids, bikes, dog approx 550 lbs
Hitch 150 lbs
Total cargo 3800

You would be about 300lbs under your stickers "limit"

I personally would have no hesitation in towing with that setup.

Agreed, the truck will do it fine, and air bags would definitely be a nice addition. Look up just a few posts and you'll see I'm towing my 339flqs (not quite as big) with basicly the same truck, just a 250 instead of 350. I absolutely have no issues, other than it sagged before air bags, but I have PLENTY of power with a good custom tow tune, and she stops very well too. Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #63

Thanks for your input I do feel better about at least trying it with this truck......but i have to really show how new I am at this.....Airbags? Can you guys elaborate? Will my F350 be too tall or something when i hitch up to this trailer?
jrdavis82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #64

tow vehicle question for 377RLBH

Here's a link
https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehic...In-Bed+Hitch#l

And a YouTube video
https://youtu.be/9la1bU8GaHU

Old 04-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #65

There's a lot of guys pulling them with 3/4 ton trucks without much problem, so I'm guessing you'll be just fine with your 1 ton. I second the comment on airbags helping out with this heavy of a trailer though! My dually settles down several inches when raising the gear, and those bags just bring her right back to level. IMHO, I think they're indispensable.

Since we all know who makes the final decision on all things camping related (universally accepted fact on these forums), welcome to the 377 world! You won't be disappointed she "made" you do it! lol

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdavis82 View Post
Thanks for your input I do feel better about at least trying it with this truck......but i have to really show how new I am at this.....Airbags? Can you guys elaborate? Will my F350 be too tall or something when i hitch up to this trailer?
The truck suspension lowers down and compresses under the heavy load placed on it. The bags lift the suspension back up to a normal ride height. Some systems have compressors on board for an air source, some have air lines that are accessible in order to inflate them.
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #67

Got it! Thanks I will ask my dealer about it when I get the hitch installed
jrdavis82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:08 AM   #68

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Firestone Riderite would be the other major competitor to the Airlift

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdavis82 View Post
I may have screwed up. My wife and I were looking at TT and 5ers with a max weight of 9500-11,000lbs. I bought a 2007 F350 SRW Long Bed with 6.0 diesel with only 108k.....already bullet proofed. I can tow 15,500 5th wheel and according to ford i have a 4300 lb payload and RAWR is 6900lbs.

Well we looked and looked and she has found the coach she just HAS to have and it is this 377RLBH beast of a camper. I didn't think we were going this high on our first camper but she loves this layout.... We found one that is approx 13,800. I get that I am still a good 1800lbs under the capacity but what I am worried about is Pin Weight and about how much weight we will take on the trailer. Pin weight according to Jayco is 2725 so that seems to be well under my limit of 4300lbs.

We would also be loading gear for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 bikes, and a potential dog.

I have the means to upgrade in a year or two if we really love camping. Can i roll with this truck for now or do i need to seriously reduce our expectations of what we can tow.

If this has been posted before I apologize i've trolled the forums for hours and couldn't find anything.

Jody
That 13k is the dry weight, you want to look at the gross, as of the pin weight and your payload, you have to consider the hitch weight, fuel, pass. in the truck, etc. The 5'er also grosses out at 16,5 (per jayco), which is #1000 over of what you can tow. If it were me, I'd get a bigger truck or look at a smaller fiver that works
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
There's a lot of guys pulling them with 3/4 ton trucks without much problem, so I'm guessing you'll be just fine with your 1 ton. I second the comment on airbags helping out with this heavy of a trailer though! My dually settles down several inches when raising the gear, and those bags just bring her right back to level. IMHO, I think they're indispensable.

Since we all know who makes the final decision on all things camping related (universally accepted fact on these forums), welcome to the 377 world! You won't be disappointed she "made" you do it! lol

JetTech is right! Lol

Congrats on getting a new 377 [emoji3]

Old 04-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
JetTech is right! Lol

Congrats on getting a new 377 [emoji3]
What's worse for him is that I'm on here too (even found this first!), and I've already read through the entire mod thread...
Linznjody is offline   Reply With Quote