Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #21

TST 507 gives us peace of mind after a blowout on the NY Turnpike.
Prybar-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #22

I acquired a TireMinder unit after a blowout on our toad ruined a tire and caused about 1K in damage to the car. Very satisfied with how it works but above and beyond the unit's performance I must praise their service and support. I get new batteries free every year and anytime I've had an issue with the equipment they have been patient and helpful in resolving the problem. Their service warrants owning their units alone, the stuff works exactly how it is supposed to work. Yes, I am very satisfied and do recommend them.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #23

I've been ofttimes accused of "worrying to much" when 'tis a simple habit of mine to verify. I love the new [new for this septuagenarian] tire pressure systems that can be monitored from the dashboard while driving. 'tis a double-check that provides peace of mind while underway. I keep a heavy duty tire pressure gage in my glove box. I've not known an auto parts store to sell anything but the cheapest, unreliable tire gages. Look on line. Peace of mind comes with the new monitored system in conjunction with the old school tire gauge.
Arctic Bos'un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #24

TPMS Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I'm confused about something that's not discussed and that is the need for metal valve stems. The videos I've seen look like they are required for TPMS systems. Can I install them on rubber valve stems or is that a 'no-no?"

Jack
Jack2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #25

TST507 with color display

I purchased the TST507 for my 2017 Jayco Alante, with flow through sensors for all 6 RV wheels and 2 tow dolly wheels. TST developed this system for commercial trucks than adapted to RVs. Great system and very adaptable to your rig, whether tow vehicle/trailer or motorhome/toad. I started with the black and white monitor and switched to the color monitor as the BW was sometimes hard to read in the cabin of the motorhome. I strongly recommend the flow through sensors; you never have to remove the sensor to service the tires. The flow through sensors also have a set screw that locks them to the stem so they cannot loosen, and would be difficult to steal. With the monitor on my dash, I've never needed the optional booster to read the tow dolly wheels.
Jmkinsella54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #26

Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
I'll second the motion for the TST system. I have the cap sensors on my 30.5 CKTS towing with an F-250 Super Cab Short Bed. I have the monitor on the dash, and I do not need the repeater that comes with most units. My signal has been reaching the monitor with no issues since the day I set it up. This system works flawlessly! It is very easy to watch the temperature and pressure change as you start driving, and it is very reactive to the ambient air temperature and pavement temperature: to the point you can see the difference when one side is in the sun and the other is not. I have not had a loss of pressure or any extremes of pressure or temperature so I cannot say how the alarm reacts. I do feel much better towing with this system!
We have a 36 foot Grand Design (Traded in the 2017 North Point) along with a 2014 Ford Super Duty F-250 diesel. This past September, at the Hershey RV show, we bought the TST 507 tire pressure monitoring system for $297.00 for 4 tires. We opted for the cap system and not the flow through system. Now, I'm thinking that I may want to purchase the flow through system to air the tires up easier. We bought our system from Technorv.com. Great company to do business with! Anyway, at 50 feet in overall length, I too, do not need the repeater to get my tire pressures and tire temps. the system constantly scrolls through all 4 tires. The TST system is used on tractor/trailer trucks and can handle up to 116 different sensors. These sensors can be transferred to other trailer tires, just need some minor set up to do that. I have not had a blow out and want to make sure it stays that way. Hope this helps in your decision.
lrousseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #27

X2 for the EEZTire
Osogrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #28

Apparently I'm the only one here with a DILL TPMS. Works great so far. The monitoring system is in the tire.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #29

I like the TST 507. Have had it since 2012 and has not let me down. I just changed the batteries in the 6 sensors. Figured seven years was a good run and did not want to tempt fate...LOL This unit will do up to 22 tires. I use 4 sensors on my 5th wheel and 2 sensors on my rear truck tires.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #30

I was going to put metal stems when I bought new tires but the tire guy said he didn't think they could install them on my trailer rims so I ended up with rubber ones. I have the RV caps and no problems so far.
MarkH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #31

Tpms

Another vote for the 507's. Use them on the 5th wheel in the summer and transfer them to our snowmobile trailer in the winter. Rarely a signal problem although did have to disconnect my outside thermometer sensor which seemed to cause dropouts. Also using on rubber stems without problem (so far)!

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #32

I have been using TST 507 for several years. Great battery life.
Armycamper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
I have my backup camera on top of that compartment when I drive because I dont like stuff up an the dash. I think it will just stay on/in the console tray where I can hear it and occasionally look at it. But it will be nice to have a way to tell at a glance where my pressure is at. My visual approach some day would have gotten me in trouble.
I attached TST unit to piece of wood and I insert in dash cobby hole
Armycamper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #34

I have the trailer TPMS through GM. It will monitor through the MyLink infotainment center. I, too, have the Goodyear Assurance tires on my Eagle.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2014 View Post
I'm confused about something that's not discussed and that is the need for metal valve stems. The videos I've seen look like they are required for TPMS systems. Can I install them on rubber valve stems or is that a 'no-no?"

Jack
TST says the cap style 507 can be used on rubber valve stems. Metal for the flow through version.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #36

Ive had the flow through 507's on rubber stems for probably 12K miles w/o problem, but can't say I haven't worried about it. Was going to get metal stems when I get new tires.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #37

We have the Dill system and really like the fact that everything is on the rim inside the tire.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
Ive had the flow through 507's on rubber stems for probably 12K miles w/o problem, but can't say I haven't worried about it. Was going to get metal stems when I get new tires.
There are 3 types of valve stems: All rubber, Half rubber and metal & all metal. IMHO, I think the flow through sensors are a tad too long making them more vulnerable to being hit by debris while traveling down the road.........again just MHO.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #39

Another fan of TST here. TechnoRV has great videos and they are a terrific company to do business with.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #40

I have steel valve stems on my RV. You may want to get a second opinion
lrousseau is offline   Reply With Quote