Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #21

I considered both of those like you but when i read the disclaimer page on the moryde website I realized that they wouldn’t fit on our 2019 Jayco Eagle due to the siding under the entrance and the screen door being too long! Went with solid step and they work great. EZPZ install. I know Jayco installs stepabove on pinnacle 5ers so might want to check with dealer about them on your rig.
Grandpawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stauber View Post
We have the MoRyde on our NP and are happy with their stability and the overall product. Cleaning the steps before folding them up is a good idea although the two main issues we have found are reaching the door latch and pulling the steps out is tough for my wife or anyone much less than 6' tall. The other; As the door must close over the frame of the step, it holds the door open slightly and we end up with a gap on the lower, open side of the door.
If the top of the step isn't resting flush on top of the threshold, then you need to adjust the bottom inward more otherwise the screen door will not close flush against the frame.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
X2!
X3 on the Torklift glowsteps, well worth the money. My DW had problems negotiating the standard steps, I also added a folding extended handle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #24

My wife and I love the Step Above by MorRyde they are solid the 5th wheel that we are going to buy have them.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Neither of these are concern for me, but there is also a quick connect option for the MORryde steps. That way they attach and detach instead of swinging in.
Attachment 46563
Wish that option was available when I bought mine. The steps are very stable, but I hate that I have to fold them up into the door in order to travel. Puts a lot of stress on the door frame when going over rough roads. It's also hard to leave them out in a rest area, because I worry a semi is going to drive over them at night. for that reason, I installed red and white reflective tape on them so they can be seen from all directions when they are deployed.
waterwalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpawlee View Post
I considered both of those like you but when i read the disclaimer page on the moryde website I realized that they wouldn’t fit on our 2019 Jayco Eagle due to the siding under the entrance and the screen door being too long! Went with solid step and they work great. EZPZ install. I know Jayco installs stepabove on pinnacle 5ers so might want to check with dealer about them on your rig.
Not sure what model of Eagle you have, but they do fit the 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK, because I installed them on mine. They fit nicely, with no issues with the screen door or the outer door. It still closes flush and does not rub. Been using it for over a year now, with no issues.
If you follow the instructions, and adjusted them correctly, they may likely fit your rig.
waterwalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:37 AM   #27

We are considering the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps to replace the ones on our 2020 Jay Feather 25RB, but Stan is having a hard time figuring out the correct width measurement. Can anyone here who has replaced theirs give us a better idea of where to measure.

Thanks from Renee.
StanKuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #28

Call forklift, that’s what I did. Great to work with. I really like the new steps
Capt Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #29

I looked at the MoRyde but in my driveway I have another trailer too close to my fifth wheel to be able to put them down. The GlowStep looks really interesting.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #30

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dave View Post
Call forklift, that’s what I did. Great to work with. I really like the new steps

Thanks - I did end up calling them. I think we have it figured out.

Renee
StanKuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #31

Ours came with the Mor ride steps and they are the best RV steps I have used solid and adjustable to your campsite with ease.
chad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #32

I am looking at pulling the trigger on the Morryde quick connect steps. When in storage, I do not have enough room to go with the step above and fold it down. With the quick connect, I can put them in the back of my truck and hook them up when I get to the site. This will still allow me to use my fold out steps when in storage or stopping at a rear area.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #33

I also bought the glowstep, I installed them by myself in under an 1/2 hour. I love them. I did not want to have to put steps inside my door, they fit right where the old steps were.
gburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #34

The Morryde Step Above is great. My 5' wife has NO problem raising or lowering our 4 step. Very stable and adjustable to terrain. A cloth rug at entry takes care of any dirt or water brought in.
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #35

MORryde StepAbove, had the rest and the StepAbove is simply.................a step above, possibly several steps above!
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #36

The MORryde steps are very solid on my Pinnacle but they are a little bit of a pain for me. I have a garage for the Pinnacle and I have to park it just right to be able to get the steps down without hitting the wall. I do have pull in the feet all the way to get them down. I wound up painting a parking line on the floor of the garage so I can consistently hit the sweet spot. A pain but it works.

Honestly, the old style steps always worked fine for me and this is one of those ideas that I'm not sure is all that practical. I wish I had the option for the old style but no cut out for them.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #37

Not trying to steal this thread but I did a little research and it appears the Torklift Revolution Uprising steps would be a great solution to my parking issues. I have to get within a few inches of the door frame on our 14' wide garage door to be able to get the clearance needed to be able to lower the steps. The garage wall on the step side is tight. I know this is a disaster waiting to happen. The slide toppers on the kitchen and bedroom slides get uncomfortably close to the door frame. I didn't see my 32RLTS listed as a model fit so will call them Monday.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #38

We did the TorkLifts and couldn't be happier. The DW noticed the difference immediately. Much sturdier!

Here is my install post: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-rv-75669.html
Old 08-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #39

I installed the Lippert Solid Step in our trailer. The height of our trailer being what it is we needed a 2 step and MORyde didnn't make one at the time as I recall?

Installation was pretty easy, the hardest part was modifying the sill plate.

The wife loves the larger first step and exits much easier than the bouncy foldup step that came with the trailer. We haven't had an issue with dirt or water, brush the step off before folding up, speaking of which the wife doesn't have a problem raising or lowering the steps. Being the gentleman that I am I do it almost every time, but ..
2016 Feather 7 18RBM
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #40

I ordered the Torklift Revolution Uprising A9005 this morning after confirming with Torklift that it will fit our Pinnacle. It will be a replacement for the MORryde Step Above that came with the Pinnacle. I'll post a picture of it when I get them installed.