Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #1

Trailer steps

I have a Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK FW that has the typical folding steel steps that I would like to upgrade. The two that I am considering is the Solid Step by Leppert and the Step Above by MorRyde. Has anyone installed either one of these? Both seem comparable but the Solid Step had a much wider top step at the door way that makes the first step onto the steps feel more stable. Any pros or cons on either?

1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #2

We have neither so can't help there but friends have MoRyde and like them. One drawback of any of this type of step is anything that you don't clean off (hard to get ahead of rain) falls inside the camper when you fold them up. For that reason we're staying with the standard step.

1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #3

Hmmm....good point.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #4

If you plan to travel on a ferry with your Rv, and need to access inside the Rv for pets etc, there is usually not room to deploy that style of steps. For that reason and the other mentioned we opted for the folding steps.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
I have a Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK FW that has the typical folding steel steps that I would like to upgrade. The two that I am considering is the Solid Step by Leppert and the Step Above by MorRyde. Has anyone installed either one of these? Both seem comparable but the Solid Step had a much wider top step at the door way that makes the first step onto the steps feel more stable. Any pros or cons on either?
We have the Step Above by MorRyde and love it. Very stable and can be adjusted for different situations. Added the hand rail that cost about $55.00 and works great!
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstannard View Post
We have neither so can't help there but friends have MoRyde and like them. One drawback of any of this type of step is anything that you don't clean off (hard to get ahead of rain) falls inside the camper when you fold them up. For that reason we're staying with the standard step.
A good whisk broom and drying off the steps which is rarely needed......very happy with the MorRyde steps!! But to each their own.
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstannard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRGMC View Post
If you plan to travel on a ferry with your Rv, and need to access inside the Rv for pets etc, there is usually not room to deploy that style of steps. For that reason and the other mentioned we opted for the folding steps.
Neither of these are concern for me, but there is also a quick connect option for the MORryde steps. That way they attach and detach instead of swinging in.
Click image for larger version

Name:	morryde.png
Views:	27
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	46563
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
A good whisk broom and drying off the steps which is rarely needed......very happy with the MorRyde steps!! But to each their own.

X2

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #9

You might want to take a look at these. A couple of members on here have them and like them. https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
You might want to take a look at these. A couple of members on here have them and like them. https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution
I installed these steps a little more than a year ago and the Bride loves them (I like them too). They fit in the existing stairway opening and work much the same way. When open they have a pair of legs that rest on the ground making them very stable. Installation took a couple of hours but a second pair of hands would have shortened that. I havenít had any issues with uneven ground. When deployed you donít have to pull them to the full extent which allows them to be used in tighter situations.
Very pleased with ours.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote