Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
One thing I did years ago was open a Pacific Pride account and a CFN account. These are cardlock stations that are truck and rv friendly for long rigs. No lines and 24 hour availability. They are generally easy to find in smaller towns and rural areas so I can get fuel after the locals have gone to bed.
I went to the Pacific Pride web site and it says commercial fueling only. Since you established an account does that mean they'll take casual users/RVs also?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I went to the Pacific Pride web site and it says commercial fueling only. Since you established an account does that mean they'll take casual users/RVs also?
I am not commercial. I had no issue setting up an account. I did not do mine online, I went through a local fuel distributor ( Wilcox and Flegel ) who owns the PP and CFN stations nearby me. I walked into their office and took care of it in person.

One thing many people don't like is that the price is not published and you just get a bill every two weeks. Diesel is almost always cheaper than what I see posted. Gasoline is about the same. I quit worrying about the price per gallon as it's never been significant to worry about in comparison to Costco and the convenience makes it nice. When diesel was at it's high point I was saving .25-.30 cent a gallon at CFN.

EDIT:

I just did a little bit of research. My cards are Wilcox and Flegel branded cards now. It seems that each fuel distributor has the ability to set up a non-commercial account without minimums at their discretion. The information on the card direct from PP seems to want you to be a commercial account. Since your in Washington I'd contact Wilcox in Longview and have them setup your account.

http://www.wilcoxandflegel.com/
Old 06-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #23

I dealt with trying to fill up while towing for exactly 4 months. After running on fumes once, I researched and purchased a 37 gallon auxiliary tank that goes in the bed of the truck and gravity feeds to the main tank. This setup allows me to tow a full 8 hours and still have half a tank left. I then disconnect and go find someplace to fill up. Haven't worried about it since.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #24

Quote:
One thing many people don't like is that the price is not published and you just get a bill every two weeks.

I just did a little bit of research. My cards are Wilcox and Flegel branded cards now. It seems that each fuel distributor has the ability to set up a non-commercial account without minimums at their discretion. The information on the card direct from PP seems to want you to be a commercial account. Since your in Washington I'd contact Wilcox in Longview and have them setup your account.
Wilcox & Flegel Oil Co. |
Thanks for the info Rusty. I don't really care about cost either. I just want to be able to fuel while towing without unhooking. I just want to be able to fuel without having to back out or worry about tail swing. Just made a cross country and the biggest pain we had was finding a convenient store where the pumps weren't pointing at the store. Even the turnpikes with express fuel stops are set up this way. Arrrggggghhhh!

Just got an email back from CFN and they do commercial only. I go by Longview fairly often as the kids live east of Portland so I'll stop by Wilcox and Flegel and see what they say.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
I have used them many times, in Montana, Oregon, Idaho and California. The larger nozzles pump more volume, so big rigs can get their 100 gallons quick. You just have to be aware and I never lock them on, just trigger them.

We get discount at Pilot and Flying J and use their RV lanes, but otherwise the truck lanes.

How do you manage discounts at Pilot and Flying J?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
How do you manage discounts at Pilot and Flying J?

Good Sam membership gives you a discount off fuel at these pumps.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Good Sam membership gives you a discount off fuel at these pumps.
Good Sam + the Flying J charge card gets you an even better discount..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #28

Quote:
One thing I did years ago was open a Pacific Pride account and a CFN account. These are cardlock stations that are truck and rv friendly for long rigs. No lines and 24 hour availability. They are generally easy to find in smaller towns and rural areas so I can get fuel after the locals have gone to bed.
Can anyone join these, even if we don't have a business or fleet? If so, are there any yearly cost for the membership?

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #29

I use truck lanes all the time. Much easier to navigate and I can fill my DEF tank a lot cheaper than buying it in a container. About a dollar less a gallon.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:13 AM   #30

Used the truck lanes only on a recent 3000 mile trip and had no problems whatsoever. In fact every one of the truckers we encountered was great, greeting us, talking to the dogs, etc. I think the key is to respect their space and get in and out as quickly as possible.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Truck lanes have bigger high flow novels. My 04 F350 and my 15 F350 fuel neck opening does fit these bigger models. Don't run them full out or you'll be covered in fuel. I'm not kidding.....

I generally try to avoid the truck lanes. Most aren't pay at the pump and you have to go in, get the pump activated, fill up, then go back in to finalize the deal. Too much work if another option is available with pay at the pump.

If no other option is available, I'll use them and tell them I'm a private vehicle. After filling, pull ahead so the next truck can pull up to start fueling while you're in paying.

No reason to be afraid.
I can also add that since I'm from Canada and my cards usually don't work at the pump anyway , I find these pumps really convenient while towing my 42ft fiver.
tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #32

I have a 2011 F250 Diesel and the only place I stop for fuel is Pilot and Flying J, to use their truck pumps. One main reason is I have a fuel card and don't have to pay it until the next month but also, it's way easier pulling a 38' 5er to use the truck pumps. I've never had anyone ever say anything to me. I pay at the pump but always go in to pee, get coffee or a snack.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #33

I love the high volume pumps! I can fill my truck in a minute. Just don't use the lock. Learned that lesson the hard way.
Palle-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #34

Thanks Kim Gass!!! The truck stop app is great. It can show you a satellite image of the truck stop that will help.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #35

If you have a 250 or bigger truck, the bigger nozzels will fit and you can use the high flow pumps.

Be aware that diesel at a truck stop in Indiana will cost you more than is shown on the pump. the price per gallon will change when you swipe your card and it will increase to what they call the retail price. Problem is that if you had stopped at the regular station at the previous exit or next one you would likely pay the same ppg as what the truck stop calls the commercial rate. Its all BS. I understand that this is unique for Indiana and the practice is not the same in other states.

I have found that commercial pumps won't accept your credit card and you have to go inside to pay. Last time I ended up in a long line of truck drivers.
After 10 minutes I got to the front of the line and the first thing ask was the number of my pump???? so back out to the islands to get the # and then back inside to the back of the line. Not worth the hassle. I just pay attention to upcoming regular stations on the signs for upcoming exits. At least 3 stations will pretty much assure that at least one of them has pump islands parallel to the station so you can pull in and then out without having to make a tight turn.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #36

Never had a problem at Truck pumps. I've pulled trailers all over th U.S., Loves normally have diesel at all/ or at least the end pumps, Flying J has a great RV lanes up front, I prefer the truck lanes. Fill up in ab 2 min. TA's don't have diesel up front. My favorite is Buckee's. If you see one of these stop even if you don't need fuel. They are awesome!!! It's like an Auto truck stop. 100 pumps with diesel at all pumps!.....anyway, no problems at truck stops.

2015 Jayco Eagle Primier 334BHTS
2012 F250 Lariat cc fx4,2016 F350 cc flat bed
Pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #37

Lot of truck stop folks here but look at the price at the TS vs auto diesel, most places .20 a gallon or more, you pay for the added maneuvering room. Wish I had figured that out when I drone commercial. Check gas buddy, it's your friend for best price.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:19 AM   #38
Site Team

My first choice is to fill up w/o the trailer. We have a range of 450 miles towing and I'll be unhooked and set up in a campground. We never drive farther in a day than that.

On familiar routes, I have favorites already id'd that are quick in/out and reasonable.

Gas Buddy is very helpful.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #39

Update for Pacific Pride in WA State - here in the Seattle/Eastside area, anyway.
The stated requirements are (1) must have business license and (2) must purchase a minimum of 250 gallons/month.

I have #1 covered, but they're going to make an exception for #2 and see how long it passes under the radar. Not sure on their personal flexibility in allowing 'small users' access (they're going to set us up for an expected 100 gal/month).
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by justman View Post
I dealt with trying to fill up while towing for exactly 4 months. After running on fumes once, I researched and purchased a 37 gallon auxiliary tank that goes in the bed of the truck and gravity feeds to the main tank. This setup allows me to tow a full 8 hours and still have half a tank left. I then disconnect and go find someplace to fill up. Haven't worried about it since.
What tank did you go with? Did you install it yourself?

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote