Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #41

I use the truck islands at Pilot & FlyingJ with no issues or complaints. The nozzle fit in my F350 fine, haven't checked my new 3500HD yet. If they are busy I pull ahead after filling. I pay cash for fuel so my wife goes in first and prepays enough to fill up.

When I'm travelling I use their lots for overnights too.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #42

Like others have said, truck pumps are not a problem in most cases. Just to be courteous I will not use them if there is a long line of trucks. Most of the time I can find an open lane.

Most Flying J's have separate RV pumps. Most Pilots do not. They are owned by the same company now days. Flying J's are my first choice for fuel stops and I will plan my fuel stops around them when on the interstates. Get the Flying J/Pilot app for your phone or look on their web site. You can also load specific POI's for your GPS that show all the Flying J/Pilots. 99% of the time the staffs at Flying J's are cheerful and helpful and the stores are excellent. Also helps to get the RV card for Flying J/Pilot. Gives you a small discount on the price of fuel.

If traveling on back roads I will research gas stations using Google street view. Check orientation of the pumps to make sure I can pull in and out without issues. Many cases you can also see the signs to determine which ones have diesel.

BP and Shell gas stations frequently do not have diesel pumps unless they are a truck stop.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote