Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #21

The HDMI router OUTPUT plugs into the HDMI port #1 on the TV where the Furrion DVD was originally plugged into.

(Sorry I failed to mention this step)

But it's an easy fix and works great even though I am going to replace the speakers with upgrades > can't stand the mild vibrations and boom buzz > mostly playing DVD9 discs.
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #22

I don't know who or why someone has started referring to a HDMI matrix switcher as a router. We use 3 x 4, 1x8, 3x1, and more configurations on residential installs as well as on my showroom. I have never played with a matrix to see if it would pass the HDMI (ARC=Audio Return Channel) thru them. I don't see why it wouldn't work because most HDMI devices now support 2 way communication. All devices involved would have to support ARC.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #23

Hdmi x 4

Right, correct; accurate. NOT a router.
But what I said works and I offered a solution anyone can reproduce.

I am still researching upgrading the ceiling speakers > generally it's a nice surround then a DVD will buzz and rattle speakers at any volume. Was nice it's pre wired for living room & kitchen and/or bedroom and/or outside BUT the 38FLSA Pinnacle is worth replacing the ceiling surround speakers.
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #24

I think it was MagnoliaTom who tried upgrading his speakers and it still sounded like crap.
You might get rid of your buzz but it's the amp inside the Furrion where the real garbage is.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #25

I wasn't aiming that at you HHNET, after you called the switcher a router, I went and did a Google search and noticed that some do call a matrix/switcher a router now and being in this type of business, had never heard it referred to as a router. The newest HDMI standard is now a two communication, so if the devices being used support this standard, then your method will work fine. I replaced my ceiling speakers in my older Jayco that I no longer have with some residential 6" speakers ( had to cut the hole larger ) and they sounded 100% better. One of the originals was bad though. That TT had a Jenson DVD deck in it. My current Pinnacle has a Jensen unit as well, but I never use it. I installed an LG Blu-Ray HTIB ( Home Theater in a Box ) system, used the 2 front's that came with it, put the subwoofer in the back wall of the tv lift and disconnected the "B" speakers from the Jensen for my rear surround, and all works great. The sound is 100% better than the "A", and "B" was thru the Jensen. I don't even use the outside speakers because I have a bluetooth Boombox that also plugs into my Directv receiver that is mounted in my underbelly compartment.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #26

You can run a 3.5mm cable from TV to the aux plug in the stereo. Choose aux on the stereo remote and the sound will go to the A,B, or C speakers. Or you could do like I did and buy an inexpensive sound bar and mount it below the TV. Worked great for me!
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #27

Here's what I did for outdoor TV mounted in the cargo compartment: purchase a Bluetooth audio transmitter, plug into line audio output of TV, then my Furion in the rear of the unit powers the outdoor speakers and I plugged a Bluetooth receiver into the aux. paired them and now audio from tv in front of rig in cabinet travels via BT to rear Furion and then comes out speakers side mounted either side of entry door. No wires, and works great. I can even add a portable Bluetooth pill type speaker as the transmitter allows two devices to pair. Cool if you are sitting a good distance from tv and its late at night and don't want to disturb the neighbors with tv audio.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #28

Same problem on 2018 Jayco Seismic 4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
More likely the dealer. I think the trailers arrive at the dealers with the tv's still in the box and the dealer mounts them. I've been in a few new TT 's where the Furrion TV was still in the box in the trailer.
I found the same issue on my Seismic. Audio cables were plugged into the Audio In instead of the Audio Out. Thanks!
tomostblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #29

2014 Jensen DVD Player Radio outputs

Is there RCA outputs on these stereo's ? I bought a powered subwoofer for it and would rather use low RCA input connections than high speaker wire inputs. Sound would be much less distorted. Is there a Spec's and instruction sheet which shows all inputs and outputs? Trailer isn't currently located where I can check.
boise49ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:38 AM   #30

Our rig has the Furrion stereo. I use the HDMI ARC cable from tv to stereo and it works great.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:11 AM   #31

JBL trash

My TV has a hdmi cord that says arc, that goes to my jbl radio. No sound, if it is tv out to radio then it should work.
Bout ready to rip out the radio and find me a real TV and theater system. TV has no audio Jack's. Insignia TV.
Anyone else have this problem
Rewsi1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewsi1967 View Post
My TV has a hdmi cord that says arc, that goes to my jbl radio. No sound, if it is tv out to radio then it should work.
Bout ready to rip out the radio and find me a real TV and theater system. TV has no audio Jack's. Insignia TV.
Yes. I have a Jensen TV and an iRV 6500 BT stereo. The stereo lacks an HDMI/ARC port. Upgrading that to one that does will fix my issues, save perhaps for audio sync. It's tough to find comprehensive reviews of RV audio systems that will speak to that--it can be maddening to hear the audio a large fraction of a second after you see an actor's lips move.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:17 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewsi1967 View Post

Don't know what system or camper you have, but we also have the Insignia TV and the JBL Aura system, connected via HDMI cable just like yours, and it works fine. I know this is basic, but the JBL needs to be on the ARC output, selected on the JBL front plate.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Don't know what system or camper you have, but we also have the Insignia TV and the JBL Aura system, connected via HDMI cable just like yours, and it works fine. I know this is basic, but the JBL needs to be on the ARC output, selected on the JBL front plate.
X2 on my North Point.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote