Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

I'm sure you guys are tired of me saying stuff that doesn't address the problem but I'll do it again. When we first started spending a lot of time in an RV it was a used 1997 Pinnacle Class A. It had MWH levelers and I assume they were original equipment. They were stout and reliable. I could raise one end or one side way up to service the underside or level on a ridiculously uneven spot. I would have never considered a jack for changing a tire with those built in jacks. When we did have a failure it was a simple fix as everyone seemed to be familiar with the system and parts were readily available.

Just worthless info in case you want to use it.

3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #12

I was not there when the tech was there. The dealer's repair man thought he understood what the tech did and tried to explain it to me but I am not sure if I understand all of what he said. I will continue to follow the plainly written instructions on the label next to the controller and if/when it malfunctions again I'll try what I think he said to fix it otherwise I will call them to tell me.

Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #13

When are you going to try it again?

Reason I ask the label next to our controller is outdated.

Last winter after having a problem we stopped at an RV dealer in Ft. Huachuca AZ on our way to Tombstone for some help. While looking at ours another Pinnacle owner walked up and offered a better way of going through the auto-leveling sequence...all printed up directions copy and we haven't had a problem since. I did my own twist and that is placing a couple of those Lynx blocks under the back jacks before activating.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #14

My Pinnacle is now parked at home until we leave for TX in January. However I have tried the leveling system a few times here, have put various amounts of Lynx blocks under the rear jacks, and so far everything seems to be working fine.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #15

Just as a side-note, the Atwood tech who came to my dealer made the statement that Atwood needed to "dumb down the system" so that it didn't leap into an error mode every time any little deviation from the exact listed procedure occurred.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #16

How do you like the KPTS floorplan?

Love ours!!!

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #17

My new Premier came with one option that has been a complete nightmare for me and that is the Atwood Levelegs. It seems to me that Atwood has marketed this system before having all of the bugs removed. Apparently it works fine as long as you don't deviate the slightest from what Atwood has established as the proper sequences. However, if you have been towing the rig all day and are tired and accidently get on the wrong button, you are about to have a very bad day. The system will either lock up or you will see two flashing green lights on the panel indicating that the front legs are fully extended even when they are not and they will no longer extend regardless of what buttons you push. Then you break out the hand crank and if you are strong enough (and have a good strong heart), you will eventually be able to extend the jacks by hand. When hand cranking, it requires about 100 pounds of force to overcome the resistance of the motor, gears and weight of the trailer, & each leg must alternately be cranked separately. The park rangers were nice enough to help me and it wore them out. Then it was a two and a half hour trip each direction back to the dealer to get the whole system reset. I know there are some owners that love their Levelegs but this system is not for me. Even the technician at Atwood confessed that they were cantankerous. I just spent another thousand converting my Premier back to a standard leveling system. The rear lifting jacks were replaced with electric rear stabilizers and the front jacks were hard-wired to a new panel with a pair of rocker switches. Now I can enjoy camping again.
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #18

I just got my 2013 Pinnacle back from warranty work on the Atwood leveling. Unhooked from truck and hit auto. Unit went to work leveling. Looked at back legs and one was 2" from the ground. SAME dang problem I took it in for. After I year with this system I'm about ready gut it and put 4 manual switches and a level in.
good
luck
pointrow
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #19

Did they go through the proper procedure of using the system before you took it out?

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 11-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #20

I moved our's out the of the shop and up to the house to get it ready for our trip this week. The level system work good. I followed the advise I got on the forum and put blocks under the rear legs and followed the directions exactly. The rear legs don't have that much travel, and if your on a slope high in the front the blocks under the rear legs help. I hope I am explaining this right.