Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

TV Gear Lifter that hides/shows TV malfunction

It is my week for problems. Yesterday my front left landing gear and today, I am having a problem with the mechanism that raises and lowers the Television.

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36FBTS. It has a switch that when pressed raises and lowers the television. If you look behind the TV, there is a rod with gears and it looks like the TV ratchets up and down.

Got in late yesterday after finally getting the rig on the truck. Hooked up cable this morning.

When bringing the TV up now, it seems extremely loose, moving side to side. It won't go all the way back down. There is nothing obviously broken.

Has anyone had experience with working on this component. Has anyone other than me had issues with it?

I noticed the 2017 Pinnacles have gone to a different set up. In 2017 Pinnacles, you push down and the TV pops up. No electric switch to activate. At least that is what I remember when going through a 2017.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #2

Just an update on this issue. There is a rod that runs behind the mechanism that lifts the TV. This rod goes into a hole. The rod had popped out of the hole.

I managed to push it back into the hole using a broom handle. However, after running it up and down a couple of times, it popped out of the hole again.

I am unable to get it back into the hole. TV will not go down.

Tags
pinnacle