Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2022, 05:40 PM   #21

Thanks all with help from the wife we did it. The TV slid down the televator the top brace held it in place with 2 bolts that it slid onto kinda half assed to me
Dabobo1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:30 PM   #22

I installed a Samsung smart TV and use it in conjunction with a Verizon Jet Pack we use as a wifi hot spot in our motorhome. We can watch just about anything on Samsung TV's list of stations, and off the internet such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Zulu, YouTube, etc. No more satellite TV for us, and both of our our laptops, printer, Alexa and everything else you would expect to connect to wifi works great. Works as long as you are in a place that has cell service, that is. It's pretty cheap per month.
Randy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I also replaced mine with a Vizio from Costco. I also took out the wimpy sound bar that came with it and replaced with a Vizio sound bar with a subwoofer that I mounted on the floor behind the tv. I had to find a woofer that was thin enough to allow clearance for it behind the tv when it is lowered. Removing the fireplace made it easy to do.

My mount is the mechanical type so can't help with the removal.
I have a question about your TV replacement. I have a 2021 RLTS 32 it came with a mechanical lift where you flip the lever and it pops up. Does your new TV slide right back down in the same spot? Also, the sound bar, on mine the only time the soundbar comes on is when playing a DVD or listening to music. I have 3 zones of sound with the receiver it came with but not for watching the TV all for music or watching a DVD. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Gneff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneff57 View Post
I have a question about your TV replacement. I have a 2021 RLTS 32 it came with a mechanical lift where you flip the lever and it pops up. Does your new TV slide right back down in the same spot? Also, the sound bar, on mine the only time the soundbar comes on is when playing a DVD or listening to music. I have 3 zones of sound with the receiver it came with but not for watching the TV all for music or watching a DVD. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The tv I bought was the same size as the original so yes it fits exactly and the up and down mechanism was not affected. I did have an issue finding a tv with the four mounting holes on the back that matched the Furrion. The Vizio had 2 that matched and I drilled holes in the bracket for the other 2. I used a couple of pieces of quarter inch plywood to put across the opening to rest the new tv on while mounting it. This let me mount it at the right height.

As far as the sound system I found the stock one to be cumbersome to use at best. I pulled everything out and put a piece of quarter inch plywood stained to match the cabinet across the opening it left. The sound bar and subwoofer I replaced it with were not the best but finding one in the size to fit the opening was a limitation on my options. The subwoofer is mounted on the floor behind the fireplace. It does not interfere with the operation of the tv bracket or the fireplace. I also mounted a surge protector strip on the wall behind the fireplace to have a connection for everything.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:24 AM   #25

Thank you Jim for the help. The sound coming out of the factory-installed TV is awful. I might remove it this weekend and then look for a replacement.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:01 AM   #26

The zone settings will make the sound much better if you have the same system as ours. Look for "HDMI ARC" on the sound system, which directs tv sound thu the rv speakers. Zone 1, soundbar only, zone 2, soundbar and ceiling speakers, zone 3 includes the outside speakers.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
The zone settings will make the sound much better if you have the same system as ours. Look for "HDMI ARC" on the sound system, which directs tv sound thu the rv speakers. Zone 1, soundbar only, zone 2, soundbar and ceiling speakers, zone 3 includes the outside speakers.

X2
Old 04-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I also have the subwoofer all the way up and found the best of the presets for the so called equalizer in the JBL....as others have said it doesn't sound great for music...but if you turn on Channel A and B speakers, turn up sub all the way and cycle through the sound presets for equalizer to find the good one...can't remember its name...it's pretty good for TV.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 04:33 PM   #29

How did you tie your new sound bar into the iRV receiver? I have a 2021 32 RLTS, and I cannot get the TV sound to play through the sound bar. The only way the sound bar works is when watching a DVD or playing music.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_3.jpg   Screenshot_5.jpg   Screenshot_6.png