Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2022, 07:21 AM   #1

TV removal

Hi I have a 32rtls and the TV sucks it's a fire TV and I want to replace it. So how do I get it off the televator it is a motorized one any help would help thanks
Dabobo1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #2

I don't have a motorized televator but I imagine it attaches like a mechnical TV extension/retraction mount. There should be 4 bolts/screws that secure the TV to the mount. It's going to be minimum 2 person job.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:16 AM   #3
Site Team

It mounts as Radar57 says. Very similar to a residential mount with the 4 small bolts. Only access is limited. Be prepared with a small mirror and a nice light.

It will be a 2 person job!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:07 PM   #4

I have a 2021 32RLTS. I replaced the TV with a 50" Samsung from Costco.

I also added a Sonos sound bar and sub. It is a little hard to see in the picture. Just over the TV. Under the cabinet.

The TV is only held on to the slide by gravity and friction.

Raise the TV about 30%. Cut the tie straps holding the wires in-place. Slowly pull the TV off the slide.

Once the TV is out. You can unbolt the mount and move the mount over to the new TV.

Align the new TV to the mount and push it back on.
Attached Thumbnails
8 Install.jpg  
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #5

I also replaced mine with a Vizio from Costco. I also took out the wimpy sound bar that came with it and replaced with a Vizio sound bar with a subwoofer that I mounted on the floor behind the tv. I had to find a woofer that was thin enough to allow clearance for it behind the tv when it is lowered. Removing the fireplace made it easy to do.

My mount is the mechanical type so can't help with the removal.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabobo1955 View Post
Hi I have a 32rtls and the TV sucks it's a fire TV and I want to replace it. So how do I get it off the televator it is a motorized one any help would help thanks

It sounds like the televators have changed, as mine in my 2020 32rlts has gas lift struts that operate it. On mine, the best way to access the 4 rear tv mounting bolts is through the window directly behind the TV. A 2 person job for sure, one on a ladder, another inside.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTC View Post
I have a 2021 32RLTS. I replaced the TV with a 50" Samsung from Costco.

I also added a Sonos sound bar and sub. It is a little hard to see in the picture. Just over the TV. Under the cabinet.

The TV is only held on to the slide by gravity and friction.

Raise the TV about 30%. Cut the tie straps holding the wires in-place. Slowly pull the TV off the slide.

Once the TV is out. You can unbolt the mount and move the mount over to the new TV.

Align the new TV to the mount and push it back on.
Yes, we watched our dealer remove ours when brand new doing just what you said. It was bad from the get-go, and he tried replacing the HDMI cable and the stereo head from another Pinnacle, before determining it was the TV. He was prepared with tools to disassemble it on the spot and was pleasantly surprised to see it come right off the mount. Question for you, with the new sound bar and sub, you bypassed the OEM sub? How does the new sound bar play with the OEM head? As you know, the TV plays through the stereo system when using the ARC output. All I have done to mine is add a fire stick and turn it into a smart TV lol.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Yes, we watched our dealer remove ours when brand new doing just what you said. It was bad from the get-go, and he tried replacing the HDMI cable and the stereo head from another Pinnacle, before determining it was the TV. He was prepared with tools to disassemble it on the spot and was pleasantly surprised to see it come right off the mount. Question I you, with the new sound bar and sub, you bypassed the OEM sub? How does the new sound bar play with the OEM head? As you know, the TV plays through the stereo system when using the ARC output. All I have done to mine is add a fire stick and turn it into a smart TV lol.
All my 20 model had was a sound bar, no separate sub woofer that I know of. I think the sound system was maybe a JBL or something like that. The control for everything was mounted in a cabinet above the tv. I found it to be pretty cumbersome to use so I removed it, the sound bar and all the wiring I could reach. I stained a piece of 1/4 inch plywood to match the cabinet and covered the hole. The new sound bar is connected directly to the tv using an HDMI cable attached to the ARC port on the tv. The sub works off bluetooth from the sound bar. I'm a little hard of hearing and even without my hearing aids I can hear it well. The sub adds a nice kick when watching a move or listening to music.

The downside is the ceiling and outside speakers are now decorative items. Not a big deal for us as we generally only used it for the tv.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
All my 20 model had was a sound bar, no separate sub woofer that I know of. I think the sound system was maybe a JBL or something like that. The control for everything was mounted in a cabinet above the tv. I found it to be pretty cumbersome to use so I removed it, the sound bar and all the wiring I could reach. I stained a piece of 1/4 inch plywood to match the cabinet and covered the hole. The new sound bar is connected directly to the tv using an HDMI cable attached to the ARC port on the tv. The sub works off bluetooth from the sound bar. I'm a little hard of hearing and even without my hearing aids I can hear it well. The sub adds a nice kick when watching a move or listening to music.

The downside is the ceiling and outside speakers are now decorative items. Not a big deal for us as we generally only used it for the tv.
I have hearing issues as well and why I was asking him. I have the same JBL system as he does based on his picture, with a puny sub. It works ok, certainly nothing resembling high fidelity, but adequate for watching tv as the sound can be broadcast through the JBL system using the ARC port on the JBL system. It takes three remotes, lol, between the fire stick, JBL, and the tv, to get it all working. One to many drinks, and it can become a challenge.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:40 AM   #10

Quote:
I have hearing issues as well and why I was asking him. I have the same JBL system as he does based on his picture, with a puny sub. It works ok, certainly nothing resembling high fidelity, but adequate for watching tv as the sound can be broadcast through the JBL system using the ARC port on the JBL system. It takes three remotes, lol, between the fire stick, JBL, and the tv, to get it all working. One to many drinks, and it can become a challenge.
We have Dish Network at home and travel with it. The Dish remotes that came with our Wally's are really good. I was able to program the one for the living room tv to operate the tv, the sound system and of course the Wally. Nice only needing one remote.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #11

My 2022 came with a smart TV that through the HDMI ARC works the JBL system...only one remote need to control TV and volume on JBL

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #12

Quote:
We have Dish Network at home and travel with it. The Dish remotes that came with our Wally's are really good. I was able to program the one for the living room tv to operate the tv, the sound system and of course the Wally. Nice only needing one remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
My 2022 came with a smart TV that through the HDMI ARC works the JBL system...only one remote need to control TV and volume on JBL
Yes, one remote would be nice, although I am mostly used to them now lol.
2022 had some improvements then over our 21 model. I did replace the 32" in the bedroom with the same brand tv I stumbled on at Best Buy while on a trip, except this one has the fire TV and other smart stuff built in. I had to go to Lowes and get some shims, as it is a bit fatter at the top and the screws would not reach the mounting holes for the mount.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #13

Does Jayco still use Furrion tv's? Our living room, bedroom and outside tv's were all Furrion. I can live with the 2 smaller ones but the big one was not very good and not so smart. I gave it to our granddaughter and she says the same thing. The only thing good she says about it is it was free.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #14

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
It sounds like the televators have changed, as mine in my 2020 32rlts has gas lift struts that operate it. On mine, the best way to access the 4 rear tv mounting bolts is through the window directly behind the TV. A 2 person job for sure, one on a ladder, another inside.

My televator is a manual one too, how did you remove the TV?
Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #15

I got mine out like ARoamer said. I found a pole long enough to prop the window behind the tv up so I could access the back of the tv with the help of a ladder. I put a couple of pieces of quarter inch plywood across the opening so the tv wouldn't fall thru. Remove the bolts holding it to the lift, disconnect the cords and it's out. I removed mine by myself using the plywood pieces to rest the tv on until I could get inside to lift it out the door. I used the same procedure to install the new one. I tried to find a tv that matched the bolt holes on the Furrion with not much luck. The closest match was the Vizio I bought but I had to drill a couple of new holes in the bracket to get all bolts back on.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Does Jayco still use Furrion tv's? Our living room, bedroom and outside tv's were all Furrion. I can live with the 2 smaller ones but the big one was not very good and not so smart. I gave it to our granddaughter and she says the same thing. The only thing good she says about it is it was free.

Our Pinnacle came with Signia tv's
Old 11-22-2022, 06:49 AM   #17

Quote:
I tried to find a tv that matched the bolt holes on the Furrion with not much luck. The closest match was the Vizio I bought but I had to drill a couple of new holes in the bracket to get all bolts back on.

Do you remember the Vizio model number, and which holes needed to be drilled out? Was the Vizio noticeably lighter weight?

In my 2020 32rlts I have problems with my Furrion in the televator not clearing the countertop enough for it's remote to communicate with the tv. I first thought the TV or remote was bad but eventually figured out it's optical UV line of sight was blocked. I messed around trying to get as much height out of the televator and tv mounting as possible and I still have to hold my remote at eye level for it to communicate with the TV.
I have been thinking of a replacement TV, the Furrion's picture isn't terrible, but isn't a great unit. The first requirement was the mounting holes. Evidently there isn't standardized TV mounting hole dimensions and locations, but from looking at different brands the Vizio did look to be the closest. Plus I think the Vizio remote is RF, not UV, should fix that issue.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Do you remember the Vizio model number, and which holes needed to be drilled out? Was the Vizio noticeably lighter weight?

In my 2020 32rlts I have problems with my Furrion in the televator not clearing the countertop enough for it's remote to communicate with the tv. I first thought the TV or remote was bad but eventually figured out it's optical UV line of sight was blocked. I messed around trying to get as much height out of the televator and tv mounting as possible and I still have to hold my remote at eye level for it to communicate with the TV.
I have been thinking of a replacement TV, the Furrion's picture isn't terrible, but isn't a great unit. The first requirement was the mounting holes. Evidently there isn't standardized TV mounting hole dimensions and locations, but from looking at different brands the Vizio did look to be the closest. Plus I think the Vizio remote is RF, not UV, should fix that issue.
I looked at my receipt from Costco and it says it was a V505 series, 4K, UHD. I couldn't find the model number but that was 2 years ago and not sure what models are out now. I have no issues using the remotes with it. It is light enough that this older body was able to handle it by myself. It has a flat bottom that I was able to rest on my plywood spacers while I worked from the outside. Using the spacers gave it clearance from the bottom. I don't remember which holes didn't line up but I don't think that really matters if you can get 2 in to brace it while drilling the other 2.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Our Pinnacle came with Signia tv's
Insignia...It's a BestBuy brand

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post