Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2022, 06:16 AM   #1

tv remove main 50 inch

how to remove tv from above fire place to put newone in
2021 jayco pinnacle 36kpts
DOPHINS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:52 AM   #2

I replaced the Furrion in our Pinnacle shortly after we got it. The only way I could access the back side was thru the window behind it. Just make sure someone is holding on to the tv from the inside so it doesn't fall when you get everything unhooked. I placed a couple of pieces of 1/4 inch plywood under both sides of the tv to use as spacers and keep the tv, both old and new, from falling thru the hole while I did my thing on the outside. Again, someone on the inside is helpful. You may be able to do the hookups without removing the fireplace. I did some rewiring for my Dish Wally, added a sound bar and sub woofer and a surge protector so I had to pull the fireplace out. It's surprising light.

I tried to find a new tv with mounting holes on the backside that matched the Furrion as some were either positioned too high or too low. I wound up with a Vizio from Costco as the upper holes were a match but I had to drill a couple of holes in the televator bracket for the lower holes as they didn't match.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post

I tried to find a new tv with mounting holes on the backside that matched the Furrion as some were either positioned too high or too low. I wound up with a Vizio from Costco as the upper holes were a match but I had to drill a couple of holes in the televator bracket for the lower holes as they didn't match.
That's interesting that the hole partterns didn't match. The patterns on the back of all new TV's are supposed to be a standard. Don't quote me on this, but there are supposed to be 4 patterns I think that they are all supposed to adhere to...
Old 04-02-2022, 07:22 AM   #4

our TV had issues when we picked it up new. It was unable to communicate to the sound system. He had another Pinnacle on the lot, and that one worked as intended, so we knew there was an issue. After delivery, we drove to a nearby RV park for a couple of days, shakedown, dealer said. He came by one day and replaced the main sound system box, and it didn't work. He then came again and replaced the HDMI cable, and still didn't work. He then called next morning as we were preparing to leave and asked us to swing by the dealership, to swap TV. When we got there, he had just started removing what he thought were screws that needed to come off to remove it. Just then, and accidentally, he noticed the TV slides in the mount, no screws needed to be removed. He grabbed it on each end and slowly pulled it up. It was a non-event thankfully. The TV had a bad HDMI input. BTW, ours is not a Furrion but an Insignia brand.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:28 AM   #5

To clarify, yes the hole spacing is standard but where they put them on the tv varies by manufacturer. I measured the distance from the bottom of the Furrion to the holes and tried to find as close a match as possible. In hindsight I may have drilled 4 new holes as it has been almost 2 years since I did it. I was more concerned with getting the tv in the right position which is why I used the 1/4 inch plywood strips across the opening as a guide so when I raised it up the whole tv cleared the opening.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
To clarify, yes the hole spacing is standard but where they put them on the tv varies by manufacturer. I measured the distance from the bottom of the Furrion to the holes and tried to find as close a match as possible. In hindsight I may have drilled 4 new holes as it has been almost 2 years since I did it. I was more concerned with getting the tv in the right position which is why I used the 1/4 inch plywood strips across the opening as a guide so when I raised it up the whole tv cleared the opening.
Ah, that makes sense...