Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #1

TV Wall Mount

Apologies in advance if there's another associated thread on this topic.

We've got a 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. In the bedroom is a wall with a 3x3 sticker for mounting a TV. Unfortunately, there's no information in the paperwork regarding the details on what can be mounted here. I measured the width of the wall (36") and discovered the sticker is just right of center about an inch. I tried using a stud finder but didn't seem to have any luck finding something to mount to. If I use my knuckle and knock on the wall, I can hear where it's a little more dense but honestly it feels a bit flimsy. The wall appears to be 2" thick and on the opposite side is the bathroom and sliding door.

I reached out to Jayco by phone and website and inquired about some kind of blueprint/schematic showing where a TV can be mounted. I was emailed a shelf blueprint and a wall blueprint - neither of which are applicable. I'm starting to wonder if they even understand what I'm asking for?

Does anyone by chance have the same or like model camper that's mounted a TV in the bedroom? We've got a 32" LED TV I'd like to stick on that wall but not sure the best way to go about it. I'm also concerned about it bouncing around while we're driving. Are you supposed to leave it or take it down in transit? HELP!

Old 05-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #2

I believe they put a large piece of plywood in the wall at that location. I mounted mine with a mount that bolted together. Just make sure your screws are not longer than the wall is thick. My rv is an eagle ht 29.5bhds.
Shokyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #3

We have a 28.5 and were wondering the same thing.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

We have a 2019 Whitehawk 28RL, with a similar mounting location and sticker. It definitely felt flimsy to me. I mounted a KeBloc there, just like the one on the outside, and it holds a 22-in Visio flat panel just fine. Obviously I don't leave it hanging during travel, but it seems sturdy enough.
htglaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #5

Look for a row of staples that have been puttied over. They staple to the studs. All of my campers have always had a thick block of wood where that sticker is. I don't remove my tvs unless they are on a swivel mount. They ride ok.
2010 Ram 3500 4x4 long bed crew cab
2003 Royal Star Venture 1300cc
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #6

Have the same arrangement in our new 34FKDS. Fastened TV mount at the center indication and we have an 11lb 24" TV mounted there. No problems, just don't leave extended out while traveling. Lock in closed position. Use shorter screws than what comes with mount so you don't go through to the outside skin.
Dennis Eddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

I don't have a trailer, but a coach, but I would believe Jayco does the same thing in all units. I used a stud sensor to sound out my wall to see how big the wall support was at that location, it definitely extended wider than the sticker.

I installed a bracket that slides up and off if I want, thinking I might fabricate a bracket/mount to use the TV outside too. I installed a Vizio 32" flat screen and we took one trip already, and the TV is still up on the wall, so there's no issues.

As long as you stay close to that sticker on the wall, and don't use long screws (my bathroom was on the other side too) you should be OK. If the screws are too long that you use, you'll have something to hang towels on in the bathroom!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote