Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #1

TV Wiring Questions

Hi - I have a 2011 Pinnacle 36RETS, with the rear entertainment center. I use DISH satellite for TV programs which is wired directly to the TV; just I recently tried to use my roof-top antenna to pick up local TV channels. BUT - I can not figure out how to connect the antenna to the TV. There are 3 co-ax cables coming into the cabinet beside the TV: a black, an orange , and a white. Does anyone know where these cable come from? I've tried all 3 and can't get a signal from the antenna to the TV.
I'm puzzled!!!
ldfiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #2

mine comes directly from the antenna booster to tv on mine ... don't know how your is set up though
Old 09-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #3

I just spent time last week to fire up my roof-top satellite antenna, and had to figure out the various connections in the process. In mine, the coax connected from the plate with the booster connected directly into the coax connection on the back of the TV. You'll know it's the plate with the booster as it has a push button to energize the booster, and a green LED indicating it is on. There was a second plate with a coax run from the rooftop dish. I purchased a short coax cable that ran from this connection directly into the satellite receiver (a Dish 211Z in my case), and then connected the receiver to the back of the TV with an HDMI cable. There was a third plate with a coax connection from an external connection mounted outside next to my CATV connection. This is what would be used for a portable satellite dish, which I don't use. Fortunately, the plates on my rig were all labeled, so it wasn't a problem determining which was which. I got lucky... just plugged everything in and it all works as advertised. Aiming the dish does take practice, though. This might be helpful to you if yours is wired the same way from the factory, but of course, no guarantees there...
Good luck...
Itching2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:48 AM   #4

I would think if you switch the tv input to "TV" your antenna should already be wired in to the TV. You also need the fm antenna booster turned on and should see a little light come on there. If you have changed the wiring around, that might be your problem. Good luck. It is just trial and error.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote