Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Two Questions re Northpoit 377

Hi Northpoint owners. I have a new 2016 377 and we are now on our second
trip. We're Getting more acquainted with the unit each time were in it. I've also been readind all the others threads on this unit. Very educational. Here are my two questions:
1. Three of the four slides from the inside are not flush on both sides of the slide. The long kitchen slide and the BH slide are not flush on their left side. There is a gap of around an inch on each. I can stick my finger in the Same with the bedroom slide only the gap is on the left side of the bed by some kind of an adjustment. I did bring the bedroom slide in and out again but that didn't fix the gap. The camper is level and none of the slides have been problem so far in terms of coming in and going out. I havent' seen any videos on how to correct this on YouTube, only videos on when they are stuck. As far as I recall, when we put the slides in at the end of our first use, all were flush on the outside.

2. Question 2 - I'm assuming the Swintek slide is the one with the dinette/theatre seats. Are the other 3 slides simply called Lippert Slides? I did not get an owners manual on a Lippert slides. Is one on line or should I ask Jayco or the dealer for one?

Other than the slide issue, so far eveything else is OK. Bought the camper in May so assume it was made sometime in March so I see no issue on the slide
support bending issue. Keeping my fingers crossed that it remains an un issue going forward.

Thanks in advance for any input.
DHARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #2

On my unit, the bedroom, bunk and kitchen slide outs are schwintek. The dining and recliners are on a regular hydraulic slide.

As for the gaps, they can be adjusted by your dealer. (Or by you if you're handy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
On my unit, the bedroom, bunk and kitchen slide outs are schwintek. The dining and recliners are on a regular hydraulic slide.

As for the gaps, they can be adjusted by your dealer. (Or by you if you're handy)

Correction... The dining slide is a regular old electric slide.

Boy do I miss the hydraulic slides of my SOB.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #4

Good call Klassic. Yes it is electric.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #5

With the three Schwintek slides, make sure that you hold the extend and retract button for a full 5 seconds after the sound stops when extending or retracting. And DONT, unless something is jammed or caught, stop the extend or retract mid-cycle. These seem to be two of the things that cause the Schwinteks to get out of sync.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote