Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #1

Talking Two Weeks Away!

Hey all!

Well the time is nearly here for us to order our 365BHS. We've spent the last 6 months picking and choosing and we're certain this is the one for our family and that day to call and place the order is about 2 weeks away.

We're going to Indiana to tour the factory before we drive away with our Eagle, so is there any helpful advice you may have for that phonecall to place our order? We've gotten an awesome quote and are pretty much ordering all the options (not sure about the keyfob). Just wondering if there's anything else we need to know or ask the dealer before we commit!

Thanks in advance!!
Penguelephants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #2

Some more specific questions I have:

Is there anything installed in the Eagle in the way of a Power Management System? Anything to help guard against surges?

How about the water filtration, does it take the bite out of the water or just insure that it's healthy? I couldn't find many specifics about the water filtration that Jayco uses.

Is there a need for a converter or inverter?

Oh I'm sure I could come up with many more questions.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #3

Congratulations! Goes without saying you're going to really enjoy the many camping trips coming up over the years. I took a moment and looked up some pictures and specs on the model you chose and she sure looks like a beauty.

Just noticed you posted some questions on your new Eagle. Wish I could reply to them but my 5'er isn't an Eagle, that's the next step. Not to worry however, there are many owners on the forum and several will chime in with helpful hints and answers for ya. Good luck!!
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #4

Moderators - I realize this post could probably be edited and posted in the TECH forum. I apologize, still new here - I'll get it eventually!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguelephants View Post
Moderators - I realize this post could probably be edited and posted in the TECH forum. I apologize, still new here - I'll get it eventually!
This forum should suffice for the original topic. Probably as you have more tech questions, you could start them in a new title specific thread . Glad you're able to interact here before getting your new 5'er. I remember I had a zillion questions while waiting for our tt to be built. Hit the members up with any question that pops up. Some of us learn a lot from them
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #6

Assuming that "most" RVs basically operate the same (furnace, Fridge, HW heater, etc etc) with the exception of where these things may be located, I believe that your power center (fuses, breakers) includes a converter (AC to DC for 12V operation) that may or may not include a charger for your RV batteries. I'm unaware if they provide surge protection from the power source to your RV, or if they include water filtration these days.
IMHO being inquisitive during your run-through when you pick up your RV will be the best first step when assuming possession of your new unit.

Congrats and good luck with your new RV. Hope you have many enjoyful excursions !