Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #1
DCL

Up grade tv

I want to up grade the tv in my 2020 36FBTS. Campers in storage and have no access to measure the opening were the tv goes down behind the fireplace. Has anybody replaced there’s? If so what the biggest size that would fit? Thanks
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #2

My Pinnacle came with a 50 inch Furrion which was not so good. I started looking and found that anything larger than a 50 would not fit the opening. The other issue was the placement of the mounting holes on the back of the tv. Some were higher, some were lower. I wound up with a Vizio V505-H19 from Costco. The mounting holes were the closest fit to the Furrion I could find but I still had to drill a couple of holes in the mounting bracket to get it where I wanted.

The Vizio has a good picture and good side viewing, as opposed to the Furrion. While I was at it I bought a Vizio sound bar and sub woofer to replace the tinny sounding bar it came with. I was able to fit the sub woofer, standing on edge, on the floor in the left corner inside the cabinet. When closed the tv clears the woofer by about an inch so it was a close fit.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #3

I copied this from a post that I made last year. We are very happy with the Samsung 50. I also upgraded the sound bar to a Samsung product. They play very well together and as an added bonus, you can play your music via Bluetooth through the sound bar. It connects in seconds and the remote either Samsung remote will work either device. A far cry from the ridiculous remote that comes with the Furion stereo which is basically a boat anchor now.

“ A 50” Samsung 7000 series fits quite nicely. Getting the TV mounted to the televator is another story. Needed to combine the OEM mount with a VESA mount (standard wall mount) using a cut-off wheel and a welder. Took some time but it works. The TV is awesome. The televator is not quite strong enough to raise the TV all the way so it needs a little push. I have the spring assist version.”
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #4

More on the mounting. It seems that Furion uses a proprietary mounting pattern and is non-standard compared to the rest of the industry. I spent quite a while staring at the back of the two TV’s thinking I was missing something. Nope. I must say it felt good to cut and weld my way to a decent TV viewing experience. The picture quality between the two is pretty amazing!
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:18 PM   #5

We swapped out the Furrion with a 50” Samsung series 6. As mentioned above, the mount pattern for the Furrion is IMO kinda small for that size TV. Was able to use that mount plate but had to rotate it and drill a couple new holes to match up to the Samsung. Nimble fingers are a must! I think I put it in 3 times just to get the set high enough for the remote to work and not too high that the top cover would be proud of the countertop.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:57 PM   #6

I used a couple of pieces of 1/4 inch plywood laying on top of the opening on each side of the mounting bracket. I rested the new tv on the plywood which was about perfect for the mounting height. The Vizio had a flat enough bottom that it sat pretty steady so I didn't need someone to hold it while I went outside to access the back of it thru the window. Two of the mounting holes matched up perfectly but had to drill new holes in the lift bracket for the other two.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

I swapped my Furrion out for a 42" Toshiba FireTV. The holes lined up for me on the televator, but I had to mount them on the lowest setting so the top would completely close.