Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #21

365 BHS
I have a 2010 365 BHS and have owned it for 3 years. Great camper and is great for extended stays. Check your airflow in the bunkhouse and make sure it is cooling the bunkroom. That is the only major issue that was never fixed. I just added a 3rd A/C in the bunkhouse and the problem is solved now!!!!!!!!! I would love to have the leveling system, because our camper shakes alot with the kids in the back.
Camper 10
2010 365 BHS
2005 Dodge 3500 DRW
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #22

taylorj,
Thanks for the heads up about the bedroom. I may end up going down that same road eventually with adding the 3rd AC unit. We still have her sitting in the driveway as we are still getting everything "just right" before we bring her to the storage unit until vacation. With the way my property faces, the afternoon sun is on the back of the camper, so I am already feeling the effects of the difference in temperature from the rest of the camper. So far we have just left the bathroom door leading to the dining area closed and left the two bedroom doors open. That seems to help a little, but I also haven't started opening and closing more vents in the living area.

Just out of curiosity, can you give me some pros/cons on the third AC unit. Also, is it going to break the bank by doing this??
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #23

Grats!!!!! Enjoy!! :hihi:

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #24

You can try to put the pillow shade in the vent in the bunkhouse. It helps a lot. I just did this mods and it works with airflow. I bought two yellow wheel chucks from wally world. I taped them together with silver A/C tape: back to back. I took the chucks and inserted them under the fan in the a/c cover. The slope will go directly into the ducts for the front and back. Made a world of difference. The 3rd unit with thermostat was 1,000 out the door. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Camper 10
2010 365 BHS
Dodge 3500 DRW
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #25

taylorj,
Thanks for the info....may have to try a few of those options. We are going to give it a real test at the end of May (trip to Alabama gulf coast) to see how she does. 1000 out the door is a great price!! If we have any issues with this trip, I may end up having to go that route as well. Has it caused any issues with power?
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #26

The third a/c has an individual power chord. The chord plugs into the 20 amp outlet at the box. I have been plugging it into the 30 amp at the post with an adapter. The bunkhouse door is the problem, does not let the hot air return to the unit. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Camper 10
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #27

adding 3rd ac

I too have been fighting this issue for 3 years since purchasing new. Just out of curiosity, why didnt you install to the breaker panel for power? i still have to wire mine up.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote