Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #1

Value of Upgrading from 2016 FLSA to 2019 FLSA?

Greetings Fellow Jayco Owners, I posted this in the FB forum, but also posting here. Strange question for you all. We purchased a used 2016 FLSA Pinnacle this year with a decent deal. We now have an opportunity to trade this in for a 'new' 2019 Pinnacle FLSA for a potentially good deal with the trade of the 2016. Here is the list of upgrades in the 2019 over our 2016 version.
1. New and upgraded tires
2. Slide toppers
3. 6 slides instead of 5 - additional room in the MBR
4. New RV warranty - 2 years
5. 3 total ACs instead of current 1 AC
6. Vinyl floors throughout instead of carpet in living area and MBR
7. New living room furniture (tan leather instead of brown microsuede)
8. Backup camera
9. MORryde stairs
10. Generator prep
11. LP/Electric Residential Fridge instead of Electric only
12. New mattress
13. Various other decorative changes and updates
Question - What would you potentially pay for all these upgrades? If we had to do them ourselves, ignoring the significant time factor, I estimated something like $15,000 without the 6th slide or the value of the warranty. I have also heard Jayco Pinnacle quality decreased after 2016 when it was purchased by Thor. Curious as to this community's comments??

Agree that some of these are upgrades we could never 'really' make like installation of a 6th slide to widen MBR or new warranty. We have a portable external generator (just broke it in A-iPower SUA3800iED Dual Fuel Enclosed Digital Inverter Generator from Sams Club) so Gen Prep not worth much to us now. All the other mods are things we've actually talked about doing so they would be of value. Question - given all I've heard about warranty nightmares and how long service takes, I would try to negotiate that the warranty period should be extended for as long as it takes to repair. I doubt this is doable, but doesn't hurt to try!! Still seems like a good deal of value in that stuff to me, especially if we were not doing some of the improvements ourselves. If you were paying to have items 1-2, 5-9 and 11-13 done, I do think it would be in excess of $10K? Thanks for your thoughts
wineshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineshopper View Post
I have also heard Jayco Pinnacle quality decreased after 2016 when it was purchased by Thor. Curious as to this community's comments??
Bontrager's are still running JAYCO. Here's a quote when they sold.

"Derald Bontrager, President and CEO of Jayco stated, "The core values that are synonymous with Jayco and its brands shape the way we run our business, and these values will remain and guide us as we look to the future. One of the things we found most attractive about Thor was their decentralized business structure, which allows their subsidiaries to continue operating independently".
Old 10-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #3

I don’t think you’re getting a LP/Electric residential fridge.
Yes I would do the deal
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #4

Looking at the Jayco Sales Tool app, I do not see the FLSA in the 2019 line-up. Sure it's 2019?

I agree that something is not right with that fridge listing. FWIW we have the Whirlpool fridge and love it, but we do not plan to intentionally boondock.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Looking at the Jayco Sales Tool app, I do not see the FLSA in the 2019 line-up. Sure it's 2019?
FLWS is the same floor plan with the extra slide in the bedroom which changed in 2018.