Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #1

Waiting on warranty work

My Jayco 29.5 BHDS has some warranty items that needed to be taken care of. Not major items but stuff that Jayco was willing to cover. Issue is, itís been sitting at the dealership which I purchased it from for 5 months! 5 payments that I have been making that I cannot use my unit. What part takes 5 months to get there and be installed. Is this normal or is it a stall tactic? The excuse now is COVID. Iíve heard of Jayco offering a reimbursement to some customers for loss of use. Has anyone else heard of this? Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. If I didnít make my payment for 5 months, Iím sure someone would have come to take my trailer away, covid or not.
AnthonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
My Jayco 29.5 BHDS has some warranty items that needed to be taken care of. Not major items but stuff that Jayco was willing to cover. Issue is, itís been sitting at the dealership which I purchased it from for 5 months! 5 payments that I have been making that I cannot use my unit. What part takes 5 months to get there and be installed.
Depends on the part. What are they waiting for? COVID has wreaked havoc on many RV suppliers, even new units are being built and then sit at the factory waiting on one thing or another. It could also be the dealer is just swamped.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:12 PM   #3

I feel your pain. Any time I took my unit in for warranty work it took forever. I started to take the unit in and if they said it needed parts ordered I would take it home and use it. And call and harass them once a week until the parts arrived. Of course I had no major issues that put the unit out of service. Just small annoyances.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:14 PM   #4
Site Team

I'm confused as to why it has been sitting at the dealer for 5 months. If they are minor issues, why aren't you using it and simply bring it back when the parts arrive?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #5

Mines been in the dealer since the end of Dec. waiting for them to repaint my front cap and now they have to replaces my whole back wall. I got a text from the dealer that said the factory is sending the back whole wall and that they want get it in until Mar. 24th, and you know that it will probably take another two to three week to install it.

We do have plan on using it soon and I don't know, maybe they will be done with it or maybe not, others issues need to be address and I hope that they have taken care of those things. We are just patience because I don't want to have them to give it back to me and only find out something else went back, and our warranty was up in this last Feb.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:08 AM   #6

They are waiting for the stickers since they repainted the front cap, the black sewer gate valve wouldn’t close so they thought they had the part, took the old one off only to find they didn’t have it. The refrigerator would work 3 out of 5 times. Mysteriously, all the issues that I had to pay for out of pocket Bc they were noticed after the warranty cut off date has been installed and completed.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:43 AM   #7

Did you contact Jayco directly? Almost all issues as usually with the dealer itself.

Did you try another dealership?

Should of been able to use the trailer till the parts came in. I definitely wouldn't of let it sit at the dealer for 5 months unless it was completely totally unusable unless it was during off season.

Rona has the whole planet all screwed up. Major back logs on just about everything. People are flocking to the RV life at an alarming rate due to rona. That's put serious strain on the entire RV industry.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:23 AM   #8

Called my dealer about warranty work, a crack in the small sink and a water heater board. Sent them some pics including the vin tag. Jayco approved the work, dealer has parts in stock. Made appointment for a saturday 1.5 weeks later, this coming saturday. Said they can do the work while I wait, since I am over 100 miles away.
Everybody in almost every industry is experiencing some kind of parts shortage. Have you seen all of the container ships waiting outside the port in L.A.?
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:30 AM   #9

I know the feeling. Bought my Melbourne 24L last August. Within 2 weeks the slide would not operate. Took it to the dealer and after evaluation, said parts would have to be ordered and it would be 6-8 weeks before they could get to it. I went to the top of Camping World, Jayco and Lippert to register my dissatisfaction with the slow turnaround. Called and emailed these folks everyday, yes EVERY day. Long story short, my rig was repaired and out the door in 4 weeks. The lesson I learned is the warranty is only good if you can sit around for months waiting on the work, or utilize a mobile repair tech. Jayco will reimburse for the work if approval is obtained prior to the work being done. Document everything and be politely persistent.
rockymountainRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:01 AM   #10

Quote:
They are waiting for the stickers since they repainted the front cap, the black sewer gate valve wouldnít close so they thought they had the part, took the old one off only to find they didnít have it. The refrigerator would work 3 out of 5 times. Mysteriously, all the issues that I had to pay for out of pocket Bc they were noticed after the warranty cut off date has been installed and completed.
The decals are the only thing that is JAYCO specific and your rig would be usable without them. The sewer gate valve is available anywhere and the fridge would either be Norcold or Dometic.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:12 AM   #11

I set up an appointment last December for the last few items on my list that the dealer said, back in September, would have to wait because of a "supply line issue".. The dealer called me last week and told me that because of the ongoing "supply line issues" they are unable to take my RV in until October. I asked what exactly were these supply line issues were and he said the dealership was canceling "most of their warranty work.. interesting answer. The good part of this is I have my RV and I can manage without this work being done right away.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:29 PM   #12

It is a Norcold. It was working sporadically. Last I heard, they were waiting for Norcold to follow up with them as what avenue they should use to troubleshoot the issue.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #13

Sounds more and more like you have yourself a bad dealership.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #14

They always were a very good family dealership. Apparently they just got bought out by a larger conglomerate dealership. It saddens me to think that 25 years ago you got a good unit and good service, now you just have to deal with whatever the dealership has to offer Bc they are mostly all the same. You get a run around all the time. Where I come from, the salesman makes the first sale and the service department makes the rest of the sales with good quality service. Those days are gone.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
My Jayco 29.5 BHDS has some warranty items that needed to be taken care of. Not major items but stuff that Jayco was willing to cover. Issue is, itís been sitting at the dealership which I purchased it from for 5 months! 5 payments that I have been making that I cannot use my unit. What part takes 5 months to get there and be installed. Is this normal or is it a stall tactic? The excuse now is COVID. Iíve heard of Jayco offering a reimbursement to some customers for loss of use. Has anyone else heard of this? Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. If I didnít make my payment for 5 months, Iím sure someone would have come to take my trailer away, covid or not.
Call them and tell them you are coming to pick it up. Thatís what I did when mine sat at dealer I bought it from for a month.
Tell them when parts come in you will bring it back.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote