Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Walk through

Hi everyone I'm new to RV's camping and will be asking advise from everyone . I ordered a 2017 377 this week . After reading some of the threads there seems to be a issue with loose ends on the finished product . WHEN I have my walk through in a couple of months I need to know what to look for that might not be obvious to me . This is especially important in my case because i will not be able to move it for a couple of years before i buy a truck . 130.00$ hour to look at warranty issues is what i need to avoid . Has someone put together a buyer walk through sheet . Thanks everyone
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:22 PM   #2

We purchased our first brand new 5th wheel 2 years ago and are about to purchase another new one soon. I plan to make sure everything is in working order: the water pump, hot water heater, slides, heating, A/C, awnings, no leaks anywhere, stove top burners, oven lights. Our last brand new one, the gas line connection to the outdoor kitchen was bent and wouldn't function. We also had a small leak on the hinge of the outdoor kitchen that caused some water damage inside. We ended up just caulking more, but it was something you don't realize until it rains. Unfortunetly, somethings you won't realize until you are actually living/camping in it.
Obenaufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #3

Thats what I'm afraid of
Old 06-24-2016, 09:46 PM   #4

I found a walk down list in general rv chat . Thanks
Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

Take your time! We spent about 4 hours at the dealer with ours and ended up leaving it there for a couple days. I wouldn't even do paperwork until they fixed everything. Nothing big on our 377, but still annoying. Found a couple small issues after that dealer has been great about fixing. If you're getting the residential fridge, make sure they show you where the valves are located!
Palle-man is offline   Reply With Quote