Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
I would not use an adapter to supply a 30amp power supply to your 20Amp wiring and system you installed. If you do that your breaker will trip/protect at 30 amps and the plug/wiring you installed (assuming 12awg here) is not rated for 30amp. So if you have a problem that is causing more that 20amps in your wiring the breaker will not trip.

You can safely go the other way like supplying 30amp feed to your 50amp trailer as everything would be protected.
You are absolutely correct and when I selected my adapter I went with an AC Works TT-30P to 5-15/20R With 20 Amp Breaker. This protects the extension cord and all internal wiring from power inlet to the burner.
riesarott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunZ71 View Post
This still holds true. Why they advertise it as a "grill" is a mystery. It's simply a replacement for the 2-burner stove top that happens to have a grate. We use ours to boil water, even found a perfect-sized griddle on Amazon that we use for many things, especially breakfast. We use the true grills when cooking anything else while camping. Have a small Weber, small Holland and now a small pellet grill. We actually thought about getting a tabletop Blackstone, but our Capital Grille is working great with the griddle we bought on Amazon.
Do you happen to have a link to the griddle you purchased on Amazon?

I haven't fired up the Capital Grill yet, but would never assume it to be used as a grill, but it seems like it would work as a stove just fine. May try it in a few weeks.

Second question, since I have not looked, but when hooking the LP hose, must it be removed each trip? Mine is still under the bed ...
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Do you happen to have a link to the griddle you purchased on Amazon?

I haven't fired up the Capital Grill yet, but would never assume it to be used as a grill, but it seems like it would work as a stove just fine. May try it in a few weeks.

Second question, since I have not looked, but when hooking the LP hose, must it be removed each trip? Mine is still under the bed ...
The griddle we put on the Capital Grill is a Nordic Ware 14" x 12" griddle. Works great!

Yes, I leave the supplied gas hose to the grill connected. I just disconnect it from the camper while traveling.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:25 AM   #44

i have a pan that i use to cook on the grill since i don't feel like cleaning it works good for frying bacon if the wind ain't blowing, but yes get a proper grill and forget about that POS.
Jaycorookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:17 PM   #45

Grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Attachment 50897

This is the only thing mine is used for.
Is this a grill that you are using on it? And this works fine?
aneffie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:50 AM   #46

Quote:
This still holds true. Why they advertise it as a "grill" is a mystery. It's simply a replacement for the 2-burner stove top that happens to have a grate. We use ours to boil water, even found a perfect-sized griddle on Amazon that we use for many things, especially breakfast. We use the true grills when cooking anything else while camping. Have a small Weber, small Holland and now a small pellet grill. We actually thought about getting a tabletop Blackstone, but our Capital Grille is working great with the griddle we bought on Amazon.
Do you recal which griddle you got? That was my first thought with this cooktop was to use it with a griddle top. I have a pellet grill we use for everything else. But looking for a good option on griddle
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew22 View Post
Do you recal which griddle you got? That was my first thought with this cooktop was to use it with a griddle top. I have a pellet grill we use for everything else. But looking for a good option on griddle
From 3 posts up:
Quote:
The griddle we put on the Capital Grill is a Nordic Ware 14" x 12" griddle. Works great!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #48

thank for the information as we have the same grill in our outside kitchen, now that you tell us that security advice, we will try a trick, that we will add some water in a small thin pan that we will try to place on the burner under the grid of the grill, doing so we hope that the water will catch the grease dripping from the meat and not touching the burner. of course it's cheap stuff. and any time some issues happen, we blame the manufacturers ,for that, but we use to owned other brand of trailer before our 30.5 mlok from jayco and all of them have issues.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote