Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #21

Why would anybody want to become a Jayco dealer if we can get parts from anyplace. It's generly known that the dealers make thier prifit selling parts. You can't get parts for your GM'S at your local Ford dealer & I'll be that you can't get parts for a xyz tt at abc tt dealer. There was a magazine/ news article a long time ago stating that you could buy a Chevy( or Plymouth or Ford sedan for like 5K but if you ordered all the parts it would cost you 20k. I'll bet when the buyout was done Starcraft protected thie dealer network, not allowing Jayco dealers to sell Starcraft parts and visa versa unless a dealer had both lines. As far as traveling for service that should have been thought of when purchasing the tt. Everybody has problems, if you got up on the right side of the grass & can take noursishment with a knife & fork you really don't have any. Happy camping Larry
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHbell View Post
Warning! Buyer Beware! I am really ticked at Jayco. Here is why. I crunched my Jayco Designer when it met with trees and a Boulder after Being forced off of a road in a canyon campground. Extensive Damage and almost 400 miles from the nearest Jayco Dealer. Good Sam ERS got a crew to come out and replace a spring and tow the fifth wheel to the closest RV Repair facility which was 45 miles away. I contacted my insurance company Thru Good Sam GMAC. The Independent RV Repair facility The only one for 235 Miles started to make up a estimate for repairs and took pictures for the Insurance company. They also were trying to locate parts for the repairs. Yesterday which was 3 weeks from when the accident happened I was informed that JAYCO would not sell parts to the RV Repair facility. How Stupid that Jayco would not sell repair parts to a Licensed RV Repair facility recognized by all insurance companies. They do repairs on all kinds, Makes and Models of RV's. I don't understand Jayco. I now have to Take my 5th wheel to a Jayco Dealer Repair Facility that is now over 270 miles from the Independent repair facility. What a Crock. You can bet I will think twice before buying another Jayco. If the insurance company totals this one out, The replacement won't be Jayco. I have no quarrel with the Insurance companies as they have been great so far.
Mel
You really have to tell a more complete story than this. It is not fair to Jayco that you give people this impression without more facts. As is mentioned, the repair facility may have to purchase the parts and get a Jayco account but doesn't mean they won't sell them. They just have strict rules of doing business.
kcaravelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaravelli View Post
You really have to tell a more complete story than this. It is not fair to Jayco that you give people this impression without more facts. As is mentioned, the repair facility may have to purchase the parts and get a Jayco account but doesn't mean they won't sell them. They just have strict rules of doing business.
Here is Jayco's official policy:
How can I obtain Jayco parts?
Parts for Jayco recreation vehicles are distributed exclusively by authorized Jayco dealers. For the Jayco dealer nearest you, log on to www.jayco.com and click on "Dealer Locator," or call 1 800-RVJAYCO. Always have the vehicle identification number when you call your dealer for parts. The dealer cannot order parts without that number. I got that straight from Jayco. My 5th wheel is now sitting at a Jayco dealer in SLC Utah. I took it there today for repairs. I have no quarrel with Jayco Dealers. Only with Jayco policy. Read the entire thread you will also see that they won't give out parts prices to the insurance company nor to the Appraisers and adjusters. Jayco makes a fine product at least the older pre 2009's it is their policy that I don't like.
Mel
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #24

How is this policy different from say a car manufacturer's policy on parts? Will GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc. sell parts direct to Ed's Car Repair? I don't see a difference here. Jayco supports their dealers. What is wrong with that?

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
How is this policy different from say a car manufacturer's policy on parts? Will GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc. sell parts direct to Ed's Car Repair? I don't see a difference here. Jayco supports their dealers. What is wrong with that?
Ed's car repair has no problem getting any needed parts for GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc. He might have to go through another middleman but at least that option is available. Interestingly, the price that Joe will charge for the parts he installs is usually less than the dealers would charge if they were installing them.