Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #1

Warranty expectations

I recently purchased a Eagle Superlite 33.5QDBS from Camping World. This weekend while camping we started noticing a bad smell that continued to get worse. I figured it was due to the tank being nearly full. After dumping the tank I noticed a steady drip coming from the underbelly of the camper? My thoughts are that the grey tank is leaking and the water is sitting in the underbelly allowing the smell to come into the camper. Has anyone had any experience with something like this? What should I expect from Jayco, are the easy to work with when it comes to warranty work?
Todd7176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The warranty is why many people choose Jayco.
Shouldn't be a problem to get fixed under warranty if within 2 year period.

FYI,
Many people put a cup of Pine Sol into gray Tank because it can get funky :-)
You can also use something like Downy Fabric softener. Just something low suds.
Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

Normally the dealer's are a problem when it comes to warranty, not JAYCO.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Normally the dealer's are a problem when it comes to warranty, not JAYCO.
I have had no complaints about Jayco warranty work. My purchasing dealer has stepped up several times to handle potential warranty issues.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

I have had no issues with Jayco at all. My dealer has been great also. With that said, I have had to do my own diagnosis on a plumbing issue, took a few photos (printed them and left them for the tech to find), and documented what and when the issue was occurring. Once I did that they were able to fix that particular problem. Our issue was a sewer pipe had a bad glue job (visually it looked good). Who knows why but it just leaked once in a while.

It is surprising how a few photos and a written description of the problem (written when it occurs) can help them solve the problem.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #6

Same here. The dealer has been good on warranty and so has Jayco. Go Jayco!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #7

I've only had a couple small issues and Jayco has been fantastic!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #8

My Jayco dealer has always fixed my warranty issues with out a problem.
Biker crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #9

Had a little problem with the wardrobe slide, Schwintek, in the bedroom, dealer worked overtime to get it fixed, but it took three trips to the dealer for it to be resolved. Then, had a couple of problems after the season and dealer again worked very hard to get it fixed. This summer will tell if it worked. The slide finally worked the way it was supposed to but heard about a number of people who had trouble with the Schwintek slide last spring and summer. Noise of the trouble seems to have died down a bit, hope it's just not because of the time of year when most people are not using their RVs.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #10

Thanks for the feed back. Like I stated in my original post we recently purchased this so it had me a little worried. I guess we will drop it off and see how it goes from there. Hopefully it goes well like most of yours have.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #11

Take it too the dealer... if he gives you any grief then call Jayco..THEY ARE GREAT
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #12

Thumbs up jayco warrenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Take it too the dealer... if he gives you any grief then call Jayco..THEY ARE GREAT
just picked up our 2012 eagle fw from camping world which was there for several warrenty issues. got to say jayco and cw(dealer) have stepped up and fixed almost everything(except sqeak in floor) so far...we hope they will fix floor once it gets alittle warmer and we can replicate the sqeak. we have had to make several trips back to dealer though to finally get things right.
jeffc1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #13

OK, I'll be the exception

Purchased my Jayco Feather 29N new in 2007. Love the trailer. Used a fair amount with club and only real complaint was he low profile made difficult dumping black tank unless I really elevated wheels. However love the trailer. Having said that I did have a terrible experience with dealer here in Alabama and subsequently with JAYCO. A couple of years ago while camping on Thanksgiving I noticed a leak from rain coming through cabinets on slide side. Made inquiries on line and some suggested I check the top of slide for levelness. I did and discovered a small dip in top of slide. I took to dealer and they inspected the top and said that I had not performed necessary maintenance on roof and entire roof was damaged due to my neglect and a new roof would cost in the neighborhood of 6000.00. He even suggested that the trailer would not be worth fixing due to the cost of the roof.I asked if I could be able to get some relief as I thought I did all that was necessary with cleaning. They said no and that they had taken pictures and sent to JAYCO to support denial of any warranty claim I may submit. I did contact JAYCO and was informed that dealer had denied the claim and they would not assist. I was shocked..horrified. I then out of desperation took the trailer to a local rv dealer and told my story. After a couple of days I was called by the rv dealer (not JAYCO) and advised that I had several holes in the roof due to wind damage and limbs and one small one was still in the roof. I was shocked!!! I am 69 years old and can not climb up on the roof but did have rv dealers clean and inspect the roof each year. The rv dealer said the roof should be covered by my insurance due to damage NOT neglect. Insurance claims man inspected and agreed and paid for a new roof. Additionally, the problem with the slide was discussed with the rv dealer and Jayco and the people at JAYCO agreed (I am told) that the metal bar at the top of the slide was insufficient to support the weight. Jayco supposedly told the rv guy that if they had the tt in their factory they would replace the slide under warranty. Alabama is a long way from Indiana. The insurance company did however agree for the rv dealer to rebuild the top of the slide and replace the bar with an angle iron and replace the slide top. Guess what the total cost was to do all of this. Somewhere around $4000.00 with no deductible since I had not filed a claim since I had the tt A big difference from $6000.00 and perhaps I should scrap the tt. All of this is documented however Jayco never had the decency to even apologize. "A stick in the roof"!! You got to be kidding me. As I said in the beginning I love that ole trailer but would never deal with JAYCO again and certainly not the Jayco dealer in Alabama. I am glad that most of you had positive experiences with Jayco and your dealers and this is the way it should be. But one's experiences do impact their perspective of a circumstances. I guess the only message I would leave with you folks is never, never take a dealer's word without checking especially if it be as detrimental as my experience. I thank God for my local (non Jayco dealer) who looked out for me and I did not even buy from them. But I will definitely when I trade my tt. Sorry for the vent and I still love my JAYFEATHER just not it parents.
luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #14
Site Team

^^Welcome to the forum. It sounds like your beef was with the dealer for misdiagnosing the problem, not Jayco. We will never know what pictures he took or what Jayco actually saw. I have to believe if Jayco saw pictures of limb damage they simply would have denied the claim on those grounds, not on neglect. It was also a 2007 unit so warranty repair was not likely anyway. Glad to hear your insurance covered the claim and you got fixed up. Enjoy the forum, and your Jayco.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #15

Jayco and the dealer have treated me right.

Jagiven's comment:

Quote:
It is surprising how a few photos and a written description of the problem (written when it occurs) can help them solve the problem.
How true.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
^^Welcome to the forum. It sounds like your beef was with the dealer for misdiagnosing the problem, not Jayco. We will never know what pictures he took or what Jayco actually saw.....snip
X2

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #17

On my new unit had one issue and dealer and Jayco took care of me. Way better than my last unit that I had. This is why I went to Jayco from all the good reports from differant web sites. Just not this one. I am very Happy with my new Jayco. I know how you feel as this was like my last unit.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #18

We had a slide out problem on our 2012 Pinnacle. Turned out to be a bad motor. Not only did Jayco send the new motor directly to our campsite, but also authorized payment for a mobile repair guy to fix it right at our site.

2012 F350 DRW Diesel
2012 Pinnacle 35LKTS
dlkuhn573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #19

Well I took it to CW toy have it checked out? It was a crack sewer pipe leaking into the underbelly. Yeah, nice smell. They took it apart the same day I dropped it off and ringed out the underbelly. Parts came in just over a week later nd I now have a repaired camper. During the process they called me twice two let me know the status of he repair. I am happy with my service from CW as well as Jayco.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #20

Hi Todd, I have had the same issue with my 2010 321 rlts fifth wheel, the grey tank for kitchen leaks into under belly when full. Tank is right up against my floor so hard to see exact spot where leaking but only thing there is where pipe from sink goes into tank. I contacted Jayco as my 2yr warranty period has just past. I was told by Jayco rep that the top fitting on the tank has some kind of rubber seal and if tank is filled it will leak from water pressure. He stated I had to empty tank when it was 2/3 full. Funny I do not remember reading anything about this in manual. I think it is just poor workmanship on Jayco's part. I have another grey tank for bathroom and have seen water start to come up in shower before I emptied it and never seen any water leak from tank. Besides I am not sure how I would know if tank is 2/3 full as none of the level indicators work.
So I would make sure you keep complaining until you get leak fixed as you are not going to get any help from Jayco once warranty is past, even by a few days. I have had lots of problems with our unit since buying it, my dealer was excellent and repaired problems but I will not purchase another Jayco

Jim
jimdl53 is offline   Reply With Quote