Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #1

Warranty FRUSTRATION!!!

2018 317rlok bought new in April. Have been on four trips. Last weekend, Could not retract leveling system. Borrowed trickle charger from camp host.
Got 5er to CW. They just called to say battery was bad. I had to convince them that battery was part of purchase and hence under warranty. They call back after some research and say that they will cover cost of battery but I have to pay $109.00 for diagnostics and install. Being a newbie not sure if they are trying to get one over on me. Told them I will pick up tomorrow. Will definitely be doing some research on my warranty tonight. I know this is minor compared to to some of the other things I hear others are going through. Have had good luck with 5er so far. Is all of this normal?? Thanks
Afrnd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

AFAIK, trailers do not come from the factory with batteries. They are installed by the dealer on delivery. Mine was on the last 2 trailers we bought. So the battery's warranty comes into play, not the manufacturer warranty. Since it was a battery issue and not a Jayco issue there is nothing Jayco's warranty is going to cover. That said they should suck up the $109 as a customer courtesy.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
AFAIK, trailers do not come from the factory with batteries. They are installed by the dealer on delivery. Mine was on the last 2 trailers we bought. So the battery's warranty comes into play, not the manufacturer warranty. Since it was a battery issue and not a Jayco issue there is nothing Jayco's warranty is going to cover. That said they should suck up the $109 as a customer courtesy.
X2...this is on the battery mfg and Camping World to make it right. Curious what is the date on the battery? Wonder if it was an old battery before you even got it...

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #4

I was not expecting Jayco to take care of it. It would have been nice of CW to. But I should not expect someone to work for nothing. Here is a pic of the battery prior to me dropping it off. Notice no install date on battery.
Afrnd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #5

If the dealer charged you any type of fees for prepping the RV at the time of purchase, then the replacement of the battery should be free since the dealer provided the battery as part of the purchase deal.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrnd2all View Post
I was not expecting Jayco to take care of it. It would have been nice of CW to. But I should not expect someone to work for nothing. Here is a pic of the battery prior to me dropping it off. Notice no install date on battery.
I'm not sure what they could do that would require a $109 charge.. first thing you check if they won't re-track is if it's getting power. A 30 second test would show no power or low power... they are not working for nothing, the battery will have a warranty on it and they will get reimbursed by the mfg. No way would I pay $109 to test a battery you can replace for $80. But, it's camping world...I would be sending an Email to Marcus...you will get an answer.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #7

Quote:
No photo but that's OK. I haven't seen sell dates on several batteries I've purchased.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #8

Quote:
2018 317rlok bought new in April. Have been on four trips. Last weekend, Could not retract leveling system. Borrowed trickle charger from camp host.
Got 5er to CW. They just called to say battery was bad. I had to convince them that battery was part of purchase and hence under warranty. They call back after some research and say that they will cover cost of battery but I have to pay $109.00 for diagnostics and install. Being a newbie not sure if they are trying to get one over on me. Told them I will pick up tomorrow. Will definitely be doing some research on my warranty tonight. I know this is minor compared to to some of the other things I hear others are going through. Have had good luck with 5er so far. Is all of this normal?? Thanks
I'm beginning to believe that the ratio of good dealers to bad is only 1 in 10. I took our NP to a dealer I didn't purchase it from for some warranty work. The service manager said for every item that was not defective or not covered by warranty they would charge a $75.00 diagnostic fee!! I've never heard of such a thing.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #9

Quote:
If a bad battery has been your worst problem, consider yourself lucky!LOL!