Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: gatineau
Posts: 69
warranty work

I was wondering if you can stop by the factory for your warranty work like some other manufacturer's do ?

Can't seem to find litterature online

Thanks
__________________

tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Paintinfool3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,272
I had to make a reservation for mine 6 months in advance ... I take it in next month
__________________

__________________
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: gatineau
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
I had to make a reservation for mine 6 months in advance ... I take it in next month
cool , and for what kind of work will be done on your unit ?

Also , why you are going to the factory VS your dealer ?
tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Paintinfool3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,272
for the front cap repaint mainly because I didn't trust my dealer to do it right .... long story after the dealer trying to perform some warranty work last year on small items... but they are also going to take care of my other issues mostly small things while it is there. The factory is about 80 miles from my house where the dealer is about 40 so I choose the factory and the wait until next month when camping season is over
__________________
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
The Logans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ona
Posts: 618
It's about a 10 hour drive for us, but we ususlly take it to the Jayco Factory Service Center for anything major.

Several reasons for this:

1. They don't have to get authorizations for the work.
2. They have the parts and special tools that they need.
3. The generally don't replace just a part (our toilet fill valve leaked, so they replaced the entire toilet).
4. The catch things that we didn't even know had a problem, and fix them. They found a pin hole leak in the black tank that we didn't know about, and replaced the entire black tank. Would a dealer do that....?

And, best of all, the last time we were there we went with a list, and let them have the unit for 4 days. While they had it we played tourist at the RV Museum, The Das Dutchman Essenhaus Restaurant, the Shipshewana Flea Market, the Rise'n Roll Bakery, etc.

You get the picture!

If you get in late you can stay right at the service center, the have two full hook-ups, and a dump station.
__________________
The Logan's
2018 Jayco Alante 31v
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: gatineau
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
It's about a 10 hour drive for us, but we ususlly take it to the Jayco Factory Service Center for anything major.

Several reasons for this:

1. They don't have to get authorizations for the work.
2. They have the parts and special tools that they need.
3. The generally don't replace just a part (our toilet fill valve leaked, so they replaced the entire toilet).
4. The catch things that we didn't even know had a problem, and fix them. They found a pin hole leak in the black tank that we didn't know about, and replaced the entire black tank. Would a dealer do that....?

And, best of all, the last time we were there we went with a list, and let them have the unit for 4 days. While they had it we played tourist at the RV Museum, The Das Dutchman Essenhaus Restaurant, the Shipshewana Flea Market, the Rise'n Roll Bakery, etc.

You get the picture!

If you get in late you can stay right at the service center, the have two full hook-ups, and a dump station.

Cool ! so when you left the rig for 4 days did you rent a hotel ?

Thing is that I am about 10-12 hours myself and I live in it full-time so it is complicated for me to leave the rig
tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
The Logans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ona
Posts: 618
Yes, great hotel almost across the street, and there was a Jayco discount. We also rented a car (Enterprise) and drove all over the place.
__________________
The Logan's
2018 Jayco Alante 31v
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 4,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Yes, great hotel almost across the street, and there was a Jayco discount. We also rented a car (Enterprise) and drove all over the place.
Hampton Inn
__________________

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.