Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #1

Warts under the wallpaper?!?!

Friends;

I have a 2019 321RSTS FW. I just noticed this under a different light on the wall of my RV (inside). Has anyone ever seen this???? Pictures attached - suggestions on how to deal with this? THANKS ALL!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1973.jpg   IMG_1974.jpg   IMG_1975.jpg   IMG_1976.jpg   IMG_1977.jpg  

cluise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #2

That's "Popcorn Mold". Water/ moisture is in your walls.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:52 AM   #3

Mine got it from condensation below the window. Had my cooler pushed up against the wall all winter so there was no real air flow. I do not store the cooler there any longer and have had no further expansion. Depending on where this is you may need to check for a leak from the outside.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:37 AM   #4

It doesn't necessarily mean there is any actual damage or a leak. It just means there was some moisture under the laminate. I had this happen on 1' x 1' area of the ceiling in our old trailer about a year after we bought it. It never spread or did anything else. We had the trailer 10 years.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #5

Mine came with a patch of those same bumps under the wallpaper in the rear right corner beside the couch. The bumps are as hard as rock. I think it was a foreign material that got vacuum trapped under the wall covering upon assembly of the laminate panel. I know I have no leaks. Yours looks the same from the pictures.
2018 Jayco NorthPoint 315RLTS
jimr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #6

We had them show up in our front bathroom and then in our bedroom - the entire wall in our bedroom on the door side is now impacted. In 2017 we took the unit to the dealership for warranty work, which included water in the window frame in our bedroom as well as water in the storage area on the door side. But they couldn't find anything. They were also supposed to have checked the roof out because we had questions/issues. We paid to have the seals around the storage doors replaced on both sides so we knew no water was getting in that way but there was still water getting into the storage area. To track down how the water was entering the storage area, during one rain storm, we left our awning out, which definitely covers the storage door. Yep, there was water in the storage area & it was running down the front wall of the unit.

We were camping with friends and 2 of us got up on the roof and thoroughly checked everything. It was along the seam where the roof meets the side. We fixed it and haven't had an issue since. Guess the dealership didn't check the roof out either.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote