Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #1

Washer/Dryer Combo

Looking to install the Splendide 7100 XC in my 2017 NP 381. Preps are there. However I also have the new(r) tank-less water heater. Most all ratings are 4/5 or 5/5 stars. Does anyone have real world experience with a combo W/D and a Tank-less Wtr/Htr?

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Looking to install the Splendide 7100 XC in my 2017 NP 381. Preps are there. However I also have the new(r) tank-less water heater. Most all ratings are 4/5 or 5/5 stars. Does anyone have real world experience with a combo W/D and a Tank-less Wtr/Htr?
Don't have the experience requested, but am heading down your path. May I ask what kind of tankless water heater you've got?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:35 AM   #3

I don't have experience with tankless water heaters, but I do know the ventless washer/dryers use a lot more water than the vented units and dry much slower. I would seriously consider using a vented model if you can figure out where to run the vent.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I don't have experience with tankless water heaters, but I do know the ventless washer/dryers use a lot more water than the vented units and dry much slower. I would seriously consider using a vented model if you can figure out where to run the vent.
The Splendide 7100 ventless uses 5 gallons of cold water to dry. I wouldn't call that a lot. You can't use it unless on full hooks anyways. I can't speak for the drying time. But I know I myself, I never stand at the dryer saying man this thing is taking too long. lol I'd probably relaxing or talking a walk or something. But I can definitely say a ventless doesn't use a lot more water. That came right from the 7100 owners manual.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:41 AM   #5

Your tankless will work fine with the washer. Tankless water heaters are becoming a common thing in homes and now RVs. Only issue I ever heard with the tankless is when it comes to showering in an RV. That was years ago, that may not be an issue anymore. Issues with low flow and keeping the temp.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 01-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #6

I have a 2016 Precept with a combo washer and dryer and tankless water heater and it really works well.
Brew2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #7

This is my first Tankless. 30yrs as a propulsion engineer water has always been an issue in my life and I was very hesitant in the purchase. After four months in this rig I am impressed. The tankless is living up to it promise, lots and lots of hot water. As its been said time and time again, it is really for full hook ups. I do have a portable macerator for those national/state/COE parks and use it often. I did see a guy transport water (honey wagon) seven times while at a COE park. Don't know if the DW could talk me into that. She's good but still.....

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
Old 01-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #8

Get a vented if you can the ventless are terrible and use a lot of water and long time to dry.
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleback View Post
Get a vented if you can the ventless are terrible and use a lot of water and long time to dry.
The ventless does not use a lot of water. The ventless only uses 5 gallons of water to dry. That's not a lot. I definitely wouldn't call either vented or ventless terrible. I have no issues what so ever with my ventless.

Earl
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 PM   #10

Am I missing something? Does it seem odd that you would use water to dry clothes?

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Am I missing something? Does it seem odd that you would use water to dry clothes?

Dave
The ventless combos use extra water to condense the water vapor released from the drying clothes. Then the condensate and cooling water go down the drain.

A vented combo unit releases the vapor-laden air out through the external vent directly.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #12

Here in Florida the city water is luke warm and it wont take as much water out of the clothes, we ended up calling the help line and per splendide techs the colder the water the better at drying. we ended up selling the vent less and went with a vented. it would stay in a dry cycle for hours and still have damp clothes. Not to knock any ones else but that's what happened to us.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Here in Florida the city water is luke warm and it wont take as much water out of the clothes, we ended up calling the help line and per splendide techs the colder the water the better at drying. we ended up selling the vent less and went with a vented. it would stay in a dry cycle for hours and still have damp clothes. Not to knock any ones else but that's what happened to us.
Before I installed my combo I debated on whether to install a vented or non-vented unit. Several friends had non-vented units and also complained of damp clothes, despite them drying for long cycles.

Yes, it was hard (emotionally!) to take a holesaw to my RV's beautiful paint, but I can say my vented Splendide has been great. You have to be careful not to overload it, and we use dryer balls to help prevent wrinkles. It has never failed to dry adequately.
Attached Thumbnails
20180201_080146.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Before I installed my combo I debated on whether to install a vented or non-vented unit. Several friends had non-vented units and also complained of damp clothes, despite them drying for long cycles.

Yes, it was hard (emotionally!) to take a holesaw to my RV's beautiful paint, but I can say my vented Splendide has been great. You have to be careful not to overload it, and we use dryer balls to help prevent wrinkles. It has never failed to dry adequately.
My DW hates the winkles in the clothes even with smaller loads, How dose dryer balls work? and what kind to get? Where?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #15

Quote:
My DW hates the winkles in the clothes even with smaller loads, How dose dryer balls work? and what kind to get? Where?
The balls aid in preventing the clothes from just bunching up as they tumble and as a result they dry more evenly. Got mine from a local Menard's store, but these on Amazon are exactly what we have: https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Dryer...ds=dryer+balls We bought more and use them in the stick home all the time too.

Again, it is critical you don't overload the machine; they will wash a larger load than they can adequately dry. And removing the clothes and hanging them right up when cycle done is also important. If we are away when it quits we sometimes have to "fluff up" the wrinkle-prone items on a 20-minute dry cycle with a damp washcloth in there, and then take them out and hang them up. Very seldom does the iron and mini ironing board ever come out!
Attached Thumbnails
dryer balls.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #16

Can you leave the dryer balls in the unit during the wash cycle as well? Thinking along the lines of if you have the unit set to automatically go to dryer mode when wash cycle is complete.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Can you leave the dryer balls in the unit during the wash cycle as well? Thinking along the lines of if you have the unit set to automatically go to dryer mode when wash cycle is complete.
Absolutely, yes. In at the beginning!
We use two balls per load. More balls doesn't seem to make any additional difference.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Absolutely, yes. In at the beginning!
We use two balls per load. More balls doesn't seem to make any additional difference.
I may have to give these a try. My ex just retired and spends some time with me full timing and she doesn't like wrinkles from my 2100XC. I don't care, but we all know who has to be happy.

Thanks for the tip.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #19

We have the Splendide WD2100XC and it works fine with the Girard tankless water heater (2GWHM model)we have. You have to do smaller loads more often but works good. It is a vented model and we have not had any issues so far. We have had it now 9 months.
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #20

I understand the ventless is a new thing. Maybe using the dryer balls would help even in the ventless.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010