Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #1

Washer/dryer dealer install

We had a washer/dryer installed in the closet of our 2016 NorthPoint 377RLBH. We recently had to remove the washer to repair. That was the first time I saw behind the washer/dryer. The bottom 2/3 of the rear panel was removed and not replaced during the install. I didn't see a reason for it. I was able to see the fiberglass insulation behind the front cap.

My question is has anyone had a dealer install their appliances and how did they do it? I'm not sure why our dealer installed it like that. Am I missing something?
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #2

We had our dealer installed but I haven't looked behind them, I'll be home in a few days and look at ours and let you know.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

"The bottom 2/3 of the rear panel was removed and not replaced during the install."

I recommend you call the dealer first thing in the morning and make sure they didn't toss the panel in the trash. I'd hate to hear them say, "oh geez , our trash was just picked up an hour ago"
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #4

I installed a WD in my 377 and I didn't remove the back panel. Not sure why they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #5

I agree with Tom. I also installed my washer and dryer and did not have to remove any panel behind either.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #6

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I checked behind the washer and dryer and found paneling, top to bottom. The dealer also gave me all of the shelving, paneling, whatever they removed in case I ever want to reinstall it.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I checked behind the washer and dryer and found paneling, top to bottom. The dealer also gave me all of the shelving, paneling, whatever they removed in case I ever want to reinstall it.

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like your dealer knew what they were doing. My dealer discarded the shelves and removed 2/3 of closet. Already have an appointment for a new panel and now they ordered me new shelves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #8

Question How much trouble to install w/d

How bad was it installing the w/d yourself.? I have a Seismic 4212, the w/d is in a closet in the bedroom, and was told it was a 3 hour labor charge at the dealer due to entry door, bedroom door, and closet doors having to be removed. The dealer also said that they would have to cut a portion of the panel in the rear of the closet during the install. At $100./hr I would like to do it myself.

Rob
7.3 Fan clutch upgrade, Mishimoto coolant filter
Airlift bags on rear
Reese 20K hitch
2005 H-D Screamin Eagle (Banana)
Wusaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:52 AM   #9

I would say the hard part will be getting it in through the doors/passageways.

How comfortable are you at moving that much weight in those small spaces?

Installation itself, if your trailer has the prep, should be simple. The duct work should be in place, or just need a hole cut for it. Plumbing may need a valve installed and anchored. 110V outlet should already be in place.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #10

I see that you said you installed a w/d in your 37RLBH; what brand washing mashing (stackable/vented?)
I bought a combo unit ventless that unfortunately has a lot of damage from shipping/mfg and am returning it. If it wasn't damaged though, I was wondering how I would have even got it into the bedroom closet. the narrowest width of the unit seems too wide to fit through the hallway.
djredden73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djredden73 View Post
I see that you said you installed a w/d in your 37RLBH; what brand washing mashing (stackable/vented?)
I bought a combo unit ventless that unfortunately has a lot of damage from shipping/mfg and am returning it. If it wasn't damaged though, I was wondering how I would have even got it into the bedroom closet. the narrowest width of the unit seems too wide to fit through the hallway.

I have a splendide combo unit. Vented to outside. It’s a tight squeeze but it can be done. You’ll have to use a dolly and wheel it in from the side of the unit (I think the width of it is less than the depth). You’ll only have about a 1/2 going thru the door. The hallway is fine once you clear the stairs and handrail.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #12

Smile Stacked and Packed

The washer and drier we purchased were Ariston stackable units. The dealer installed them. I can tell you that they are 23 1/2 inches wide and the drier has an external vent.

The drier didn't even dry one load of clothes before it crapped out. The dealer replaced it and a new one that has worked great every since. The washer does a good job although the cycles are a little long.

I like having separate units so you can wash and dry loads at the same time.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
The washer and drier we purchased were Ariston stackable units. The dealer installed them. I can tell you that they are 23 1/2 inches wide and the drier has an external vent.

The drier didn't even dry one load of clothes before it crapped out. The dealer replaced it and a new one that has worked great every since. The washer does a good job although the cycles are a little long.

I like having separate units so you can wash and dry loads at the same time.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:

We had ours installed by the dealer. Its a stackable, vented unit from Pinnacle. They fit very tight because I had to take ours out after the dealer didn’t make sure they were level when they installed it. I had to take the doors off the closet .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #15

For those of you that installed yourself, what is the process to remove the shelves? I took a quick look and it didn't seem readily apparent. I also contacted Jayco and I was met with the "it's under warranty and must be installed by your dealer.... " line. I did get drawings but they didn't show the shelves. Appreciate the insight.

Robert
Banquo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #16

Dealer Did It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquo77 View Post
For those of you that installed yourself, what is the process to remove the shelves? I took a quick look and it didn't seem readily apparent. I also contacted Jayco and I was met with the "it's under warranty and must be installed by your dealer.... " line. I did get drawings but they didn't show the shelves. Appreciate the insight.

Robert
Dealer installed ours too! I did have to replace the drier after about 3 years and it is a chore to wrestle the old one out and the new one in. Not a one man job.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #17

We had both the Splendide Washer and Dryer (vented) removed for warranty. Both squealing.

After removal, the right corner of the back wall was pushed out toward the nose. The staples were present and you could see insulation (glad to know it really is there ).

I took the opportunity to pull the back wall in place, use screws to secure (that was a pain!) and then put a nice piece of corner molding with a few more screws to ensure it didn't push out again.

Its now ready, for the new replacements that are being installed next week.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote