Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 AM   #1

Washer dryer hook ups

We just got the jayco North Point with the front living so the washer and dryer hook ups are in the closet in the back, I really want to get a washer and dryer but I’m worried about tearing our new unit up or messing up the appliances with all the bouncing that goes on because most of the time our hanging clothes are laying in the floor when we reach our destination, just wondering if anyone else has this set up.
Nina6768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #2

Ours are fastened down with clips meant for that purpose. So far so good
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina6768 View Post
We just got the jayco North Point with the front living so the washer and dryer hook ups are in the closet in the back, I really want to get a washer and dryer but I’m worried about tearing our new unit up or messing up the appliances with all the bouncing that goes on because most of the time our hanging clothes are laying in the floor when we reach our destination, just wondering if anyone else has this set up.
The only "tearing up" would be to remove the shelves and have the dryer vented to the outside............be very sure you purchase a dryer with an exterior vent!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #4

Be Sure to check the plumbing fittings for tighteness. I just spent about 2 hours taking my stacked W/D out to get to the black plastic nut on my washer hookups. It seems that the Plumbing tech that worked on my Pinnacle at the factory could not get them tight enough. That is the second one I have had find and tighten before my floor is ruined. I have now checked at the bathroom sink and the island sink haven’t checked the shower yet through the hole in the bedroom wall but I think I should. It can be the hot or cold that leak so beware of the plumbing leaking!!
Old 03-16-2019, 06:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph0808 View Post
It seems that the Plumbing tech that worked on my Pinnacle at the factory could not get them tight enough.
Expansion/contraction along with the vibration will cause them to loosen up too. Had the hot side on the water heater that would loosen at various times during the season when we had our SENECA.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

Yep my Pinnacle went from Factory to Dealership to my current location so it could be vibrating loose with less than 2000 miles of towing but it wasn’t tight enough when it left the factory!! Beware loose plumbing fittings at fixtures at sinks, washers and showers and toilets. They will vibrate loose but with 2k miles of towing since leaving factory I was expecting quite a few more miles of towing before having a leak.