Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2018, 06:03 AM   #1

Washer/Dryer Prep 2016 Pinnacle

The wife and I are considering putting a washer/dryer in our 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA. There doesn't seem to be the water hookups in the closet where the washer/dryer is supposed to go. I see the electric outlets labeled washer and dryer and I see the vent pipe for the extra holding tank for the washer water, but I don't see that white box with the hot/cold water connections. Is this something hidden in the wall that is added only during installation or is this something the factory forgot to install before shipping the unit. I have not seen any spec sheet that says washer/dryer prep was "optional". I would like to hear from those of you who have a 2016 Pinnacle and confirm if the hot/cold hookups are visible or if they were installed only when adding the washer/dryer.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:16 AM   #2

Washer/Dryer Prep 2016 Pinnacle

If your trailer is like my north point, there’s a false panel on the side of the closet that needs to be removed to expose the water box. Just held in with screws. You’ll need to remove the shelves

See this thread
Mods to 377 RLBH?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
If your trailer is like my north point, there’s a false panel on the side of the closet that needs to be removed to expose the water box. Just held in with screws. You’ll need to remove the shelves

See this thread
Mods to 377 RLBH?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t
This was great! Other than my bedroom being on the opposite end of the FW, I'm willing to bet the setup is the same! You also gave me the idea of surfing Craigslist to find a slightly used washer/dryer.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
This was great! Other than my bedroom being on the opposite end of the FW, I'm willing to bet the setup is the same!
It is. I would also buy a couple 1/4 turn washer water valves and make an access area with a door on the closet side to turn them on and off easily.
Attached Images

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #5

I have read that some of the washer/dryers are really only good for doing a little light stuff like underware. Are they getting any better?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #6

We had a Splendide stackable washer and dryer in our Venom and having one installed in our 2019 North Point. The units are very good but you have to do smaller loads then you would at home. We definitely prefer the stackable units to the combo as we can have both the washer and dryer running. We will be full timing for a while once our house sells so that was the only request the wife had so that is what we got.

2019 North Point 377RLBH
2017 KZ Venom Toy Hauler (STOLEN, Recovered, CRUSHED)
2010 Sabre 32BHOK (Traded in on Venom)
1978 StarCraft PopUp (Long gone)
artoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoo93 View Post
We had a Splendide stackable washer and dryer in our Venom and having one installed in our 2019 North Point. The units are very good but you have to do smaller loads then you would at home. We definitely prefer the stackable units to the combo as we can have both the washer and dryer running. We will be full timing for a while once our house sells so that was the only request the wife had so that is what we got.
That's what we had too. Washer is rated at around 13lbs of dry laundry. We used to do everything including sheets and towels. Just a matter of a couple extra loads. Much better sitting in the RV than sitting in the laundromat.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
The wife and I are considering putting a washer/dryer in our 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA. There doesn't seem to be the water hookups in the closet where the washer/dryer is supposed to go. I see the electric outlets labeled washer and dryer and I see the vent pipe for the extra holding tank for the washer water, but I don't see that white box with the hot/cold water connections. Is this something hidden in the wall that is added only during installation or is this something the factory forgot to install before shipping the unit. I have not seen any spec sheet that says washer/dryer prep was "optional". I would like to hear from those of you who have a 2016 Pinnacle and confirm if the hot/cold hookups are visible or if they were installed only when adding the washer/dryer.
On my 2016 Pinnacle I had to remove all the shelves in the right closet. After they are removed you will find the drain and hot and cold water lines. They are on the outside wall. They have cheap shut off valves already on the lines.
There is NO white box.......
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 09:52 AM   #9

Question about North Point hidden washer hookups

I have a 2016 377RLBH that has the electrical in the closet, but no plumbing apparent in the washer/dryer closet. I've read that the water lines are usually there in the outside wall. Does this include the drain line? If so, I assume it's going to the front (bathroom) grey water tank? If not, how do you plumb it?
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #10

Everything is there including the standpipe for the drain.