Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2024, 05:43 AM   #1

Waste Tank Issue

I'm full time in a 99 Eagle 263RKS. I live on a family members property. I don't use the black tank. All winter I was careful with water use and my grey tanks (main and galley) did the job. It looks like the black tank runs through the main grey tank. I only find one release for the black and it's on a very short run that connects to the gray. I had the system pumped out after the last freeze. Since I'm only discharging soapy water I have it run out onto the ground. When I check the level of my tanks they read 2/3 full, including the black. I have turned on a couple of faucets an checked the discharge and the water is running out of the hose. What am I missing? Why are my tanks filling up. I'm concerned about not being able to start next winter with empty tanks.
RussellT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 06:52 AM   #2

Those tank sensors are notoriously inaccurate especially the older they get. Your tanks could very well be empty and still show at various levels on the panel. It only takes a small amount of soap scum, grease or just condensation on the side of the tank.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:57 AM   #3

Most likely the tanks need to be cleaned. Sensors can misread due to a build along the tank walls. We had that on our 23 which I was questioning due to it being so new, but after they cleaned them they all read zero again.
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:49 AM   #4

Sure sounds like dirty sensors.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:38 AM   #5

My concern is they read pretty close to empty right after I had them pumped. I have increased the the angle of my waste hose expecting a big gush of water and nothing. I guess I can crawl underneath and thump the tanks like a watermelon.
RussellT is offline   Reply With Quote