Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #1

Water filter

Does anyone know how the water filter is plumbed? Does it filter as you fill the water tank or is it after the pump and city connection and goes unfiltered into the tank, but filters on its way to the faucet?
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:04 AM   #2

My filter is screwed into the city water hook up on trailer then to the hose goin to the water spicket
Old 03-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #3
Site Team

My filter is the first thing the water goes thru to the camper.

All water in the fresh tank or direct to the spigots is filtered on the way in.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
My filter is the first thing the water goes thru to the camper.

All water in the fresh tank or direct to the spigots is filtered on the way in.
Come to think of it that's what I did the last few times. Hooked the filter to the spicket then then the hose. I remember I liked that better because it was easier to install and remove plus I felt better than having that filter attached to an elbow on the trailer. I know it's not heavy but it just didn't seem right.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #5

hose and filter connect: Y-valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Come to think of it that's what I did the last few times. Hooked the filter to the spicket then then the hose. I remember I liked that better because it was easier to install and remove plus I felt better than having that filter attached to an elbow on the trailer. I know it's not heavy but it just didn't seem right.
I have been using a Y-valve at the spigot, to avoid having to disconnect freshwater hose when flushing the black tank. Pressure regulator first to the spigot, then heavy-duty Y-valve. Then inline water filter on the freshwater hose only (don't need to filter the tank-flush hose). Using quick-connects on all (including at the city water and tank flush connects) saves time, plus wear and tear on the hose connects.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond_Cubby View Post
I have been using a Y-valve at the spigot, to avoid having to disconnect freshwater hose when flushing the black tank. Pressure regulator first to the spigot, then heavy-duty Y-valve. Then inline water filter on the freshwater hose only (don't need to filter the tank-flush hose). Using quick-connects on all (including at the city water and tank flush connects) saves time, plus wear and tear on the hose connects.
ALMOST the same, but I use the Y-valve BEFORE the pressure regulator so I get full flow to the hose for the black tank flush (or whatever else it is needed for). As long as the water is flowing through the black tank flush connection and into the black tank, the trailer's black tank flush plumbing will never see high pressure.

An adjustable water pressure regulator goes on the other side of the Y-valve and the output from the regulator goes to a hose that feeds our water filters and the trailer.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace817 View Post
Does anyone know how the water filter is plumbed? Does it filter as you fill the water tank or is it after the pump and city connection and goes unfiltered into the tank, but filters on its way to the faucet?
What trailer do you have?
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #8

The way I read his question, he's asking about a plumbed in filter, not disposable.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
The way I read his question, he's asking about a plumbed in filter, not disposable.
That is correct. Essentially wanting to know if the water is filtered when filling the in board tank, or is it after as it is pumped to the fixtures?

The reason for the question is that I have an extended boondocking trip where we are going to need to refill from a water tank in a buddy’s truck. I was wondering if we would be able to gravity feed the tank, or possibly use the sanitize mode to use the on board pump to fill, or do we need a separate pump?
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:37 AM   #10

I bought a pool pump an it works great. It's actually the pump used to suck the water off of a pool cover not the pool itself. I hook the filter to the hose an with a 25 gallon barrel it leaves about 4 cups of water in the water because the pump is flat on the bottom. It's designed to just throw out on the cover over the pool an suck al the rain water off.
If you won't have a generator get one of those 12v to 120v converters that plug into your cigarette lighter an your set. Pump is strong enough to pump 50'
Old 03-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #11

Contact Jayco with your vin and request plumbing prints. If they plumbed it per the print, then you'd see the flow.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote