Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #1

Water leak

Just bought new 2017 North point 283 fls. Hooked up the water hose and after 3 hrs water cam out from underneath and water between fridge and sink area under cabinet. Was not the connection into fridge. I could touch it. What did I do wrong? I even filled the storage tank and next morning the tank was empty. Have I hooked up some thing wrong?
ceschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:26 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
I'm not familiar with that unit, but was the pump running? And is the tank drain closed?
Was this your first use?
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #3

I would think that you have a leak of some kind. If you had the docking station settings set incorrectly and set to tank fill instead of city water, I could not imagine that it would take 3 hours to get to the overflow point. I do not have your model North Point, but that seems like a strange place for overflow. Unless there is a low-point drain open in that area.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
I'm not familiar with that unit, but was the pump running? And is the tank drain closed?
Was this your first use?
. You were right. Had small open in drain and storage tank holds. City water another story. Still has small leak. See it coming from kitchen under the refrigerator. Cut off city water till get some one to fix. Will have to move that big heavy fridge to get to it. Who thought you'd pay over 60 big ones to have leak first time you cut it on. Will still cost in time and service call. They won't pay for the trip. I will remember all that when I decide to upgrade
ceschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Things moving fast through RV mfg. plants, the line doesn't stop for mistakes. Real high end units over 300K might get a bit more attention. All the new units I bought over the years I finished then at home to my standards. The RV industry is what it is. There is nothing wrong with the looks of RV's it are the hidden faults what are somewhat frustrating. Many got leaking windows and if you find out when the new season starts a lot of damage is already done.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

I had a cross threaded fitting on mine. It's the only trip I have ever made back to the dealer for a repair. That was repaired same day. My second one comes up next week but it's for something found on walk through and it's a small blemish area on the exterior that will require a repaint of one of the slides. I put that off until we got through a few trips to make sure we didn't have any more issues. We are on our 5th camper and I have done all the repair work up until this last one. It's pretty common to see some issues pop up in the first few months of ownership. My experience over the years has shown me that once you get past these first issues you are good to go.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote