Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Water Leak

I donít think this looks good. Took the pictures in the dark and will take another look tomorrow and hope I can find someone to come diagnose where this water is coming from and get it fixed. Would be great if it just happened to be a leaking hose, but I am not so sure that is the case.
Attached Thumbnails
3D93070E-0209-47C6-92EE-C8FBADCEBF9A.jpg   2D718304-D98F-44F1-9CB7-BBB2307D0A43.jpg  
tjwoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #2

We could tell you where to start but we need a little more information such as what year & model do you have and the location of the leak ( front, back, under sink, near the bath, outside shower location)
Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #3

Any help would be appreciated. We have a 2019 Pinnacle MDQS. This is our second week in it. I originally thought it was the AC unit as the leak was only noticible from the bottom trim. Today was the first I noticed it in the storage area when I went to dump the tanks. The pictures were taken from the front storage area after I removed all of the protective covers. It seems to be coming from the front near the bathroom on what would be the drivers side if connected to the truck. It is behind the area where the city water connection and black/ grey dump valve are. It does not appear to be coming from that area as it is not wet directly behind that panel. Nor does it appear to be coming from above as the ceiling is not wet but again it was dark so will hopefully be able to tell more in the morning.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #4

If it appears to be coming from the bathroom area check the lines running to the faucet there. If they have water coming down them it is a loose fitting to the hot or cold faucet feed. I had this from day one.

Wrap some TP or paper towels around them if you can’t quickly tell.

In my scenario they ran the pex lines straight to the faucet. At an angle.
I cut the lines and used shark bite fittings to install some flexible faucet feeds.

Beautiful Wife

Ladd & Stacy
Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #5

We had a leak under our shower pan and it appeared that they did not apply plumbers putty under the drain basket flange. I fixed ours with a bead of clear silicone around the flange.

It was hard to spot from underneath. The drain pipe was dry but water was dripping from under the flange and seeping alone the pan undersurface THEN droppiing to the floor deck in a corner.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #6

Run your water on the 12 volt system and see if there is leakage buy the pump X2 on Ladd check for tightness on the fittings and on the connections at the sink
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #7

I know this may sound stupid but it happened to me the first time we took out trailer out.

I had a similar leak and realized I needed to drain my gray tank. We have the tank less water heater. Make for long hot showers. This fills the gray tank rather quickly.

I don't know why Jayco can't use an overflow hose that drains outside the trailer to avoid leaking in the basement
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperdoc View Post
I know this may sound stupid but it happened to me the first time we took out trailer out.

I had a similar leak and realized I needed to drain my gray tank. We have the tank less water heater. Make for long hot showers. This fills the gray tank rather quickly.

I don't know why Jayco can't use an overflow hose that drains outside the trailer to avoid leaking in the basement
I still haven't found the source of the leak yet. It does seem to be drying up so maybe you are on to something. We have showered and used the bathroom sink with no additional leaking. I typically leave the gray tank open until I need it to flush the black tank. I did have it closed for a short time to fill the tank to use to flush the line after dumping the black tank. Could be it was full. I didn't think it would leak up into the basement though. I, like you, would have assumed it would have leaked below. Did you have any additional issues with the gray tank? If this happens to be the source of the water, I don't know if I should continue to be concerned. I will close the gray valve and fill the tank up to see if this is the source and if it continues to be an issue.

BTW I am envious of the tank less water heater. Jayco must have been having issues with them to go back to the traditional water heater. At least it is 10 gallons. We have it running on electric only, and it seems to last long enough to get through a nice shower.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoles View Post
I still haven't found the source of the leak yet. It does seem to be drying up so maybe you are on to something. We have showered and used the bathroom sink with no additional leaking. I typically leave the gray tank open until I need it to flush the black tank. I did have it closed for a short time to fill the tank to use to flush the line after dumping the black tank. Could be it was full. I didn't think it would leak up into the basement though. I, like you, would have assumed it would have leaked below. Did you have any additional issues with the gray tank? If this happens to be the source of the water, I don't know if I should continue to be concerned. I will close the gray valve and fill the tank up to see if this is the source and if it continues to be an issue.

BTW I am envious of the tank less water heater. Jayco must have been having issues with them to go back to the traditional water heater. At least it is 10 gallons. We have it running on electric only, and it seems to last long enough to get through a nice shower.
I was disappointed that they discontinued the tankless option for 2019. We have it in our North Point and really like it. Our Pinnacle that is on order did not offer that option. Jayco should have gone with the Truma tankless, it supposed to be far superior than the other brands.......of course it cost a lot more.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #10

Our first trip I didn't know I had two Gray water tanks. Right when we were about to pack up and head home my wife told me the "kitchen sink is clogged". Figured I'd get to it when we got back home. Turns out the tank was full! This is my first 5th wheel. Neither of out previous TT's had more than one tank so I didn't give it another thought. The switch on the panel for the 1st or 2nd gray tank still didn't clue me in. I figured it was for something not installed just like the generator switches on the same panel.

I couldn't believe that the overflow for the fwd gray tank simply pours into the basement. Pretty stupid design but then again I believe all RV engineer are college dropouts! I can understand the poor workmanship but the engineering shouldn't be this messed up.

From what I've read on the tankless heaters it is hit and miss. I guess I have been lucky (so far!). We have found out the hard way that if you take a shower and turn the water flow off by using the block in the shower head the temperature changes. Takes a bit to warm back up. But if you set it and leave it alone its great!

We have a trip to Nashville planned for memorial day weekend and anther week long trip to Gatlinburg July 3 week. Hope everything continues to work!
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #11

U have a gray tank vent that is loose. All
Holding tanks have vents. I have four tanks and two roof vents, tanks are vented together. U water is not because of a full tank but a full tank with loose or not connected vent line.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #12

I found that two joints on the drain from the shower were not glued, just dry fitted together. They didn't leak until the grey tank got full.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #13

I would check every fitting going to the inside of the plumbing panel. I have had 5 leaks at different valves just because the black pex female fitting was not tightened enough either hot or cold water side. All you need to do is touch with a paper towel or tissue if the valve is leaking the towel will be damp, tighten it and check again and then check again a few minutes later. Check at the sinks and W/D hookups, house filter, shower valve and the kitchen island!!
Old 04-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #14

Everytime we travel to summer camp
Or back we check in all cabinets for leaks and basement.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #15

That looks like the same area I had my leaks. It turned out to be the manifold right behind the plumbing panel. Most of the connections were dripping. FWIW, I used teflon tape on what was dripping and checked the tightness of the others. So far, so good.
RichW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #16

Looks like just about everyone had a drip somewhere on that mess of plumbing behind the water panel. If u have not u will!!!
Old 05-21-2019, 07:50 PM   #17

How do you access the gray water tank vent connection? Thank You!
RobertLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #18

First thing contact Jayco with ur S/N and get a system layout sent to you. You can ask where to access. Most times u have to cut thru the bottom covering to get to the tanks. My gray was leaking from the drain line at tank when just about full. Stupid design tapered flange with a hose clamp. I will see if after next trip if it leaks again from road shakes.
Rock