Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frostproof
Posts: 217
Water Leak behind UNI-DOCK UTILITY CENTER

I noticed last night that I have a water leak that appears to be coming from behind the UNI-DOCK UTILITY CENTER located in the basement of the coach.

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36FBTS. I took off the cover where the water filter is installed so that I could better see what was going on. Sure enough, water is pooling on floor underneath all water connections behind the UNI-DOCK UTILITY CENTER. However, there is no obvious culprit.

Has anyone had a leak in this area and if so, what is the easiest way to gain access to that area to locate and fix the leak?
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
vivusCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 14,577
On my rig, I have to remove the stuff from the storage compartment and there are screws every 18" or so along the top and bottom of a horizonal panel remove them and the complete panel comes out allowing you to access it and other stuff.. It's likely a crimp but it needs to be addressed. Some report that high pressure can cause it, I hope you are using a pressure regulator. While in there take a few pictures and also take the opportunity to vacuum all the construction debris that's left. Some have had to replace a press on connection.

Main thing is to find and fix it quickly.
__________________

__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS
2017 GMC Terrain (future TOAD)

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Belleville
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
I noticed last night that I have a water leak that appears to be coming from behind the UNI-DOCK UTILITY CENTER located in the basement of the coach.



I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36FBTS. I took off the cover where the water filter is installed so that I could better see what was going on. Sure enough, water is pooling on floor underneath all water connections behind the UNI-DOCK UTILITY CENTER. However, there is no obvious culprit.



Has anyone had a leak in this area and if so, what is the easiest way to gain access to that area to locate and fix the leak?


I had the same issue from the factory. Was a loose clamp on a cold water pipe. Had to take the wall down to get in there. While your in there Ck where the furnace is. Had to get to that to reset the switch on that
Skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frostproof
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
On my rig, I have to remove the stuff from the storage compartment and there are screws every 18" or so along the top and bottom of a horizonal panel remove them and the complete panel comes out allowing you to access it and other stuff.. It's likely a crimp but it needs to be addressed. Some report that high pressure can cause it, I hope you are using a pressure regulator. While in there take a few pictures and also take the opportunity to vacuum all the construction debris that's left. Some have had to replace a press on connection.

Main thing is to find and fix it quickly.
Thanks Norty1. I always have a pressure regulator. I disconnected from external water source. I used my fresh water tank last night. However, it is still leaking and the water is warm. Hoping it is not my hot water tank.
__________________
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
vivusCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frostproof
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipmac View Post
I had the same issue from the factory. Was a loose clamp on a cold water pipe. Had to take the wall down to get in there. While your in there Ck where the furnace is. Had to get to that to reset the switch on that
Thanks Skipmac. I will take the wall down and check things out. The water is warm so it has to be coming from my hot water tank.
__________________
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
vivusCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Belleville
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Thanks Skipmac. I will take the wall down and check things out. The water is warm so it has to be coming from my hot water tank.


Check all fittings going to the water works one loose clamp is all it takes.
Skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jim Smyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Central Florida & S Central Wisconsin
Posts: 116
I had the same thing on a different trailer which was bought brand new. Clamp was loose from the factory.
__________________
2018 Ford F350 6.7
2017 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 14,577
You should easily locate it when it's in sight. Get a paper towel and move it around. I have had to tighten the fitting that screws into the hw tank. Hopefully It's a simple fix, once accessed and located.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS
2017 GMC Terrain (future TOAD)

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frostproof
Posts: 217
Ok, I have found the source of the leak. I took the wall down. It looks like it is at a Tee in one of the lines that come from the hot water. I don't see anyway to tighten the clamps. Do I need to remove the clamps and replace them?

If so, what kind of clamps should I replace them with? Will I need to buy a crimper tool or can I used some kind of compression clamps that tighten with a screw.

Sorry about the questions but I was in Information Technology all my career and don't have a lot of these practical skills.
__________________
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
vivusCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jim Smyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Central Florida & S Central Wisconsin
Posts: 116
A lot of times if you take a picture and post it, it will give others better ideas on how to fix it. Mine was a plain hose clamp that I put a screw driver on to tighten. If yours was a compression fitting of some sort others will be able to identify it with the picture and will help. I believe a hose clamp would work for any water line you have.
__________________

__________________
2018 Ford F350 6.7
2017 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pinnacle 36 fbts, uni-dock utility center, water leak

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.