Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

Water leak from a rubber overflow hose under my camper

I have a 2015 jayco pinnacle front living flsa. There is water leaking from a wide thin looking overflow type hose under my camper. No it is not a low point drain although a low point drain is right next to it. If I shut my water off at the spicket the leak stops so I assume it one of my water pipes leaking any ideas on where the leak could be coming from or what's black thin overflow looking hose and is it connected to anything
Linehand70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:04 AM   #2

That line is exactly what you called it, and it sounds like it is doing its job, that is the overflow for your fresh water tank, when the tank is full it overflows out that line. You will also notice that if you haul with the fresh water tank full water will come out of that hose while traveling
Old 03-13-2017, 05:58 AM   #3

If it is leaking from the overflow when you are hooked up to city water you may have a bad check valve in your water pump, allowing fresh water to continually backflow into your tank.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
If it is leaking from the overflow when you are hooked up to city water you may have a bad check valve in your water pump, allowing fresh water to continually backflow into your tank.
Or his fresh water fill valve is leaking by if he has a dock station system. Or the valve isn't off or fully off.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Goes to show how the mind goes straight to habit, 99% of my camping is dry camping (electric only) so I immediately thought of filling the fresh water tank, never thought of using city water hook up.

To OP not sure what hook up you are using, but am attaching a picture of the valve positions that you can compare to your set up, make sure all valves are set to the corresponding positions.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0146.jpg  
Old 03-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy220 View Post
Goes to show how the mind goes straight to habit, 99% of my camping is dry camping (electric only) so I immediately thought of filling the fresh water tank, never thought of using city water hook up.

To OP not sure what hook up you are using, but am attaching a picture of the valve positions that you can compare to your set up, make sure all valves are set to the corresponding positions.
His utility compartment only uses 2 valves, 3 positions each.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 flsa, water leak