Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Water leak under kitchen slide

Got to a site, opened slides, connected water and found water spraying from the hose under the kitchen slide - UGH! The white water line that runs under the slide extending into the frame developed a pinhole right at the joint that folds as the slide is retracted. Almost like it’s designed to break there. Anyone experience something like this and have a creative solution to prevent it from happening again?
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
The white water line that runs under the slide extending into the frame developed a pinhole right at the joint that folds as the slide is retracted. Almost like it’s designed to break there.
Without a visual, would slipping a close-fitting spring over the line right there keep it from happening? Just like the springs at the end of air hoses? Is it a straight piece of pipe, or is there a pivoting device there to allow it to fold?

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM   #3

It’s a white reinforced waterline that feeds the residential fridge. The line comes out of the frame and follows the folding arm under the slide. I believe rigs with the entertainment center in the slide has this arm with power and cable connected to it. The waterline is meant to be flexible but not foldable. I’ve cut the line, added a barbed male fitting on each cut and put a 12” braided stainless line that won’t kink. I’ll try posting pics in the next few days. One the road right now headed back to Wisconsin now that the snow has melted.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
It’s a white reinforced waterline that feeds the residential fridge. The line comes out of the frame and follows the folding arm under the slide. I believe rigs with the entertainment center in the slide has this arm with power and cable connected to it. The waterline is meant to be flexible but not foldable. I’ve cut the line, added a barbed male fitting on each cut and put a 12” braided stainless line that won’t kink. I’ll try posting pics in the next few days. One the road right now headed back to Wisconsin now that the snow has melted.
That sounds like a good fix, now that I can envision the braided hose. It sounds like the same type that's on my overflow tubes, and fresh water drains.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:16 PM   #5

I've got to admit that sounds like a great idea for a repair. I know I for one have always wondered when ours was going to "let go". Maybe a little preventative maintenance might be in order.
Honsinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #6

That’s sounds like a positive repair.
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote