Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 PM   #1

Water leaks then stops. Contacted Jayco. This is what they say.

So last night I came home from work to find a water leak coming from my hull.
I open the door and found water all over the place. Lucky for me the items stored were enclosed in a sealed plastic containers. I shut the water off and tried to find the leak but the line went up behind the shower and I couldn't see any further up. It seems to go up through the floor to the area where the shower water lines connect. I open the access hole in the bedroom and can see the white water lines connecting to the shower but do not see the blue line that was leaking. I put a large bucket underneath the blue line after cleaning up all the water turn the water back on and it was not leaking. So I left the bucket there and closed it up for the night. I came in and email Jayco customer service and to my surprise got a phone call from them this morning. I described what was going on and he stated that he thought it might be the water vacuum breaker behind the shower valves. Now I don't know if that's for the toilet or the sink or what but I cannot see up there high enough to see what's going on. The Jayco rep sent me the schematics on the plumbing for the trailer but that does not really show me very much. So as of tonight it is not leaking but I'm curious as to what is up in there. Does anyone have any ideas? I have a borescope at work I will bring home and try to get up there and look further but at this point I can't see anything so I just left a big bucket there.
I live full time in this thing and it would be a BIG problem and expense trying to get it to a dealer. I would much rather fix it myself.
Any Ideas my Jayco friends? Thanks,
Steve

P.S. I don't know why but the Pic keeps posting upside down!! Leak from the blue line up above the clamp.
Attached Images

priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:03 PM   #2

Just curious. Don't you have an access door to the back of the shower located on the wall in your bedroom? I found my water vacuum breaker for the black tank behind this wall. It was leaking. I ended up removing them all together. I added an external vacuum for easy access. In both RVs I have owned both water vacuum breakers have failed on me at the most inopportune time. Although I have a North Point I think the design is basically the same.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:05 PM   #3

I do have the access from the bedroom. Not much room and can't really see it. Is it attached or can I pull it down and out thru the bottom?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:33 PM   #4

If I remember correctly one of the picture frame portions (top one?) removes and you just slide the panel up. Then you should be able to have enough room to stick your head in there and take a peek.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:59 PM   #5

You should be able to pull it down gently enough to work on the connections.
Justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:13 AM   #6

The vacuum breaker is on the black tank flush. So unless you have water turned onto it, it's not the vacuum breaker unless they plumbed it wrong at the factory. Those are problematic, while at it I would remove it and replace it with a brass water inlet check valve.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #7

Yes I can see in there but cant find the blue line. Only 2 inches from bedroom to shower wall. I can reach down but see nothing but the white shower hoses.